Sound Level Difference

I am having some trouble with my audio as it changes depending in I have my Windows 10 sound settings on or not. It seems to go to normal when I have either the Windows 10 Sound window open or if I check the “Recording” where it show my microphone on. Does anybody have any advice to help me with this issue? Thank you for your time and have a bless day!

1 Like

Good afternoon Ryan,

My first guess would be that there is probably a problem with one or several of your sound devices.
So I would advise you to find and solve that problem.
In any case, since the tips mentioned are all harmless, this is a quick copy-paste of my standard list of settings I usually recommend checking first.

• Make sure your computer, Windows and sound devices have received all the latest updates;
  • Try completely removing and then re-adding the problematic sound device(s);
  • Try browsing their manufacturer’s website to find and download software built specifically for your devices;
  • In the General section of FxSound’s Settings menu, try changing the setting for automatic switching;
  • Try running FxSound as Administrator;
  • In the Windows Sound Settings menu, make sure all your devices match at the same setting, with “24 bit 48000 Hz” being the maximum supported by FxSound;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, make sure the FxSound device is set as the Default Device;
  • If this doesn’t improve anything, try setting FxSound as the Default Communications Device;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable all Enhancements including Loudness Equalization for all devices;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable Exclusive Mode for all devices;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable Hardware Acceleration for all devices supporting this option (can usually be found in the Advanced tab);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable all the devices you don’t need, including the hidden ones;
  • Try downloading the program from a different source and installing that version instead (if you’ve downloaded from fxsound.com, try downloading from the Microsoft Store and vice versa);
  • Since the FxSound driver can be removed with relative impunity, try performing a manual driver uninstall;
  • Try uninstalling with specialized full uninstaller software (not an obligation and more of a last-resort option).

Let me know if this helps.

I got resolved. It was a lot of deep level of going through my computer. Apparently the Dolby Audio was on which decreased the quality of FxSound’s software. It was just weird that anytime I was on the sound settings for Windows 10 or on the microphone screen next to the Playback tab, FxSound would work.

1 Like

Glad to hear that. :+1: