No sound difference with equalizer ON

Good afternoon,
Welcome to the forum.
It took me a while to respond, but I wanted to get things right, and it required some effort…
I searched through all the previous threads which were similar, where users had the same problem (no difference in sound), but failed to find much useful advice.

• This is a quick link to my standard troubleshooting list, containing general tips and suggestions.

• One of the first things to check would be to make sure you both have the latest version installed, v1.1.19.0, available from fxsound.com and/or the Microsoft Store; you can find the version number in the Help section of the Settings menu.

• Another trick is factory-resetting the software by changing the name of the FxSound folder found in AppData; in order to be able to perform it, click on Tools > Folder Options > View in the menu bar on top to enable “Show hidden files, folders, and drives.” If it doesn’t work, you can simply revert the folder name change - but note that this will (probably) erase all custom-made presets ànd bonus presets.

In case the problem remains unsolved, know that there are alternatives to FxSound available, many of which are also free:

Let me know what you/your brother’s results are after trying these suggestions.