Losing playback device when pc 'idle" and screen goes to 'sleep'

Hi,

After 25minutes my windows power plan turns off my Display ( an HDMI - TCL TV )

As soon as this happens , i’ve got no sound at all until i restart FxSound.

i’ve sorta fixed it with this hackjob script ( lol )

Set Keys = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Dim oShell : Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Dim WshShell

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

oShell.Run "taskkill /IM FxSound.exe /F"
WScript.Sleep(350)
WshShell.Run """C:\Users\Yanz\Desktop\FxSound.exe - Shortcut.lnk"""
WScript.Sleep(1750)
oShell.SendKeys "% n"

… very much less than optimal

Is there anything i should try … any log i can send in ?

VIDEO of after waking up the screen after timeout.
( after reviewing the footage i realise … we cant see me clicking on my vbs script , but that it whats happeing , and the script is listed above)

2 Likes

I have the same problem. FxSound works great in solving my original problem of very low sound volume. However, each time my computer shuts down, wakes up or restarts, I have no sound. I don’t know how to set the default output device. I can easily restore the correct output device, but it seems like there ought to be a way to keep the selected device until it is changed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 Likes

If your output device is HDMI for example and after sleep/wakeup another audio device is detected before the HDMI speaker, then the output switches to the other device.
From FxSound Settings->General, uncheck the option
This will make output switch based on user preference and across sleep/wakeup cycles the user selected output will remain unchanged.

1 Like

Hi thanks for your answer, unfortunately the audiio playback device remains empty in FxSound or show the usual playback device but doesnt play through…

Thats until i reset FxSound or run a Sound Diagnostic un Windows… Which probably reset the driver aswell anyway.

The option was tested both checked and unchecked with the same result… I have straight up disabled all other audio card and devices to make it simpler lol but to no avail

2 Likes

HDMI display output confirmation is invalid, please correct it

1 Like