Speaker Output Changes to FX on wakeup with no sound

When my computer wakes up from sleep, my audio device’s speakers is set for the FX program, but I have no sound. I need to choose my speakers over the “FXSOUND” setting every time I wake back up to hear my sound again. Is this a bug that can be addressed or fixed?

1 Like

Same issue here :slight_smile: Not everytime waking from sleep but often…

3 Likes

Same issue. I had to turn off Fxsound completely as it was driving me crazy. Hopefully they fix it soon.

3 Likes

I am having the same issue. I have to go in and change the sound output to my computer speakers from FXsound in order to hear anything

3 Likes

Sorry I’ll have my lead developer take a look at this soon. Would any of you guys be open to helping us do some bug testing on this if needed?

2 Likes

Absolutely. Let me know how I can help.

3 Likes

Would be willing to help for sure.

3 Likes

The same problem. The sound type automatically changes from ‘loudspeaker’ to ‘sound card’ after work pauses. Most recently, the automatic change even happened during the playback of a music track.
Is there a solution in the meantime?

1 Like

@andyk, @Ben, @keg0bass, @Raz, @Heinrich_XI:
Regret to inform you all that there is as yet no known immediate solution for this issue.
Try uninstalling FxSound with specialized full uninstaller software (like IObit Uninstaller Free or BCUninstaller), and then reinstalling.
This appears to be one of the few things that helps to remedy some of the ailments FxSound is afflicted with.

Also, one user came up with a workaround:

Vijay gave this advice:

2 Likes

Thanks to all of you.

1 Like

Here a cross was the solution!

1 Like

I don’t suppose it’s possible to remove all output options except the one I always use- my speakers? The constant losing of the output connection is a real pain these days

1 Like

It is possible to deactivate sound devices you are not using in the Windows Sound control panel, but not in FxSound itself.

Thanks! I wish I’d known this earlier. I don’t think I’ve ever needed anything other than the Speakers (VIA HD Audio) but I had 3 other options and it kept switching to 2450W ( NVIDIA High Definition Audio). Just disabled the others in Sound/Manage Sound devices.

2 Likes

:+1: Happy to help; enjoy!

Hi, I’m a new user running into similar issue where sound stops working.
In my case I turn off the TV (HDMI) to my computer and when I turn the TV back on the sound is missing until I switch it back manually in the FX Sound settings.

Is there a way to save FX Sound to a sound output device so even when its offline it remembers it?

1 Like

@james & @bvijay:
Users are still having the same old issue with sleep mode, and asking for a fix…

@chillout, have you tried unchecking the option “Automatically switch to newly connected output device” in Settings?
This setting will make sure the FxSound does not switch to another playback device when the currently selected playback device is disconnected.

1 Like