Speaker Output Changes to FX on wakeup with no sound

@bvijay, thank you for your suggestion.
I’m going to spend some time testing different settings and will report back.

2 Likes

The issue with no sound happens when I turn off my TV (while leaving the computer on) with the Emby Theater app running. The fix is to open the FX Sound settings and turn it off and back on. I tried the same thing with VLC player and it did not disable the sound.
I’m guessing the app I am using is not releasing control of the sound device so FX Sound can enable it again. I’m not sure if this something that can be corrected on the FX Sound side or if I should discuss with the Emby developers about how they access the device. Any suggestion would be appreciated! Thanks

1 Like

Hi @chillout,
Depending on the power management settings in the TV, it may keep the connection active even after turning off the TV. If Windows recognises that the HDMI is connected, then the applications may continue to send audio to HDMI port even if the TV is off.
One thing you can try experimenting is to see how the applications behave when you physically disconnect the HDMI cable.

2 Likes

@bvijay,
Thank you for the suggestion. I think this issue has been resolved for me and may have been a driver issue with my video card or me messing with power management settings. My old video card was an AMD R9 380 running legacy drivers. Since upgrading to NVIDIA RTX3060 using modern drivers the sound works upon turning on the TV.
I appreciate your helpful suggestions and the functionality this software provides for enhancing the TV audio experience for me and my family.

1 Like

Hi @chillout
Happy to help you and we are glad that the issue is resolved and audio on TV is working for you as expected.

1 Like