Use FxEnhancer

Hi. I would want to try out FxEnhancer to see if it works better with my pc system then FxSound. Do i have to pay for it to do that?

1 Like

Hi Per,
Only incomplete trials/demos of the old versions remain, and there is no way to activate them.
There were plans to make the full legacy versions available for free, but they have not come to fruition yet.
As someone who bought a license to the blue FxSound Enhancer back in the day, my experience has been that the sound boosts achieved with the Equalizer and the Effects of the blue version, were pretty much identical to the current purple version.
The main differences are improvements made to the Equalizer sliders, and to the Visualizer.
Also, the latest update to the purple FxSound now supports up to 100 additional Presets.
Actually, come to think about it, there are many more improvements: adjustable frequencies, customizable shortcuts, minimalistic interface, multiple languages…

Hi. When the purple version came out i had used the blue one for some time and was very satisfied. When i switched to using the purple one i actually did not think it gave better sound for my purposes. I only switched because it was the future. Now i am tired of the problems with the sound that i experience and would like to test the Blue - again, with my new speakers. I am experiencing a scrunching sound now and then, just like in very old radios. When i turn FxSound off, it goes away. I use Clarity, Surround and dynamic boost, the less i use the better. The more i crank it up, the worse. This was something i hardly did experience before the new speakers. So i thought i should try the blue, otherwise i have to abandone FxS. Maybe you know a good Eq that has the clarity and surround features? To my experience the surround is a rare feature. Soundwise, i did not have to use any Clarity with the blue, only the purple since it lays a thin blanket of damped sound, like loss of treble. That, it has, always, done for me. So i am looking for something else which can give just a little bit of enhancement for my sound, hopefully as easy as FxS sound features to the left in the gui, not the actual EQ, if you know what i mean. So, again, the blue one or do you know of something else with surround and a bit of clarity? I set clarity to 1 and surround to 2, that is it. It creates perfect sound for me with the new speakers so it is annoying that this new problem destroys that perfect experience.

1 Like

“Classic processing” audio preset is the closest one to old DFX/FXSound versions.

1 Like

Yes i know! I want to try out the former anyway.

1 Like

There’s a summary of alternatives at the end of the troubleshooting list at the top of the forum, but none of them match your criteria.
And the blue FxSound is not available anymore.

Have you tried uninstalling your current version and installing a different version of the purple FxSound?
You can find a description of the changes made with each update on the Changelog page of the official website.

Have you tested with different devices, to see if the scrunching sound happens on only one single device, or on all of them?
Have you tried updating the drivers for the speakers?
And what kind of speakers are you having problems with (brand and model)?

Well, before i indulge in answering your questions, is a copy of FxEnhancer out of the question?

1 Like

Yes, as I mentioned, the full version of the blue FxSound Enhancer is not available anymore, only a limited demo, which you can download (by clicking the grey “download the old FxSound Enhancer” link) at:

If you’re going to install the demo, fully uninstall the purple FxSound first.
Installing any of the old drivers is done at your own risk.

Ok. Well, then i am done. I have to investigate further locally. Thank you for the former link, it can come to use. The sound goes from my pc to a pre-amp that sends the sound wireless to 2 hifi speakers. It may be that it is a question of to much D/A converting going on - now, compared to before. As said, when turning off FxS it works ok. What inbuilt converting do FxS have? I receive my music from Deezer in FLAC, 16bit 44.1 , so the converting starts with FxS, then with the DAC transmitter to a DAC receiver, to the pre-amp that converts it to high resolution audio before sending it. So trying to eliminate converting may help.

1 Like

Since it is limited there no reason to do it. I know since before what those limitations are. What about my question?

1 Like

See this thread, and the last post specifically (linked under point 5 of the troubleshooting list):

Now i could here again, for the first time since turning off FxS the disturbance. But the difference is as throwing a big stone in the water, or a little one. Well well. Maybe it is the DAC transmitter/receiver that can not do the job. Even though it is of good quality and exists in ideal environment. It is also new so it may be. Even though i do not want that to be so. Well well. But, thank you for your time. As said, i have to further investigate locally. Bye.

1 Like

Try disabling it (temporarily)?