Language Options

Sorry, dat is, voor zover ik weet, nog niet mogelijk.

Merci voor de tip.
Dat maakt het systeem wel een pak ingewikkelder; België alleen al bijvoorbeeld, is drietalig…

1 Like

Hi @doolhoofd @Falcon,
Thank you for your contribution to Dutch translation of FxSound strings.
There is some change in the translation process of late. All the language string files are in GitHub at Strings/Strings at main · fxsound2/Strings (github.com)

The English language file is FxSound.txt, you can use other translated files for reference.

I am afraid that I may make an error if I convert the translation @Falcon has provided to the required format. It would be great if you can provide the translation in GitHub itself in the required format.

2 Likes

bvijay,
I have changed the file so you can use it for github.

1 Like

Thank you @Falcon for making the changes to the strings file. I have downloaded and checked-in the file to GitHub.

1 Like

Hi,

When the dutch language file is available?

And A suggestion to the developer:
Can other languages placed in a folder and name them Language country.lng
C:\Program Files\FxSound LLC\FxSound\Language\ *.lng

Then it is easier to work on translations with many people and discover errors in translations sooner

1 Like
1 Like

Hi. Minor change, again, to the Swedish language.
FxSound.sv.txt (9.6 KB)
translation.

2 Likes

Hi @1FF
Thank you for the Swedish language file with the changes.
I have added it to our GitHub repo.
We have added two new strings for a UI change which is under development.
“Use Next Preset”
“Use Previous Preset”
It would be great if you could help us with the translation for these as well.

2 Likes

Hi

Thank you for responding.

Use Next Preset = Använd nästa förinställning
Use Previous Preset = Använd tidigare förinställning

I have what i think is a good idea, a blank setting/preset. It is good when doing ones own preset from scratch, then one of course do not want anything tampered with by Fx Sound. You can probably see the different situations when that is a good option when you think of it. That type of setting is missing now.

Per

2 Likes

A good idea indeed. :mechanical_arm:
You can, of course, create your own blank preset, but I get your point, which is, if I’m not mistaken, to add a blank preset to the factory default ones.

That is right, a blank one to the default ones.

Whenever i have a new sound set up to handle, that preconstructed blank preset i have and import is good to work from, it does the job easier to find what is right for each set up. So a neutral begining to work from when tampering ones way forward to a really good fine-tuning. To be honest, most of these presets are rather rough and does not always fit the situation in hand, but can of course function as hints when one is uncertain, for movies and such, but not in hifi situations. An untampered start of the sound gives a more honest begining to work from then.

Per

1 Like

Added to the GitHub Issues Tracker.

1 Like

Hi @1FF
Thanks for the translated strings.
Default.txt (945 Bytes)

I have attached a default preset with the EQ frequencies and gains set to mid and the effects set 0. To use this preset, you can rename it as Default.fac and copy it to %appdata%\FxSound\Presets. Please see if this suits your requirements.
We will integrate this with the application in the next release.

1 Like

Thank you.

If it is to any use: Default = Standard, in Swedish. Would you like to get the Swedish names to all the other presets?

Per

1 Like

Hi Per
Thanks for the suggestion. The preset names are filled in the list is within the .fac preset file content. Maintaining translated versions of the preset files for all the languages supported will be very complicated. We need to think of a way to show translated preset names, and this is not planned at present. So, we will get the preset names translated from you later when required.

1 Like

update Russian lang file

2 Likes

Отблагодарить

Donate - Пожертвовать. Established translation. There is no point in using other words.

Different languages have different character heights. You obviously need to make the button width dynamic and the font size static.

Capital/lowercase letter in language names. A typical problem with user translations. There is no uniformity.

FxSound свернут в системный лоток.

Hello from the past, when translation was a fantasy of amateurs. Only zoomers will understand that this is not what Google gives.

“Область уведомлений”, по старому “трей” или “Системный трей” (almost letter by letter translation).
https://learn.microsoft.com/ru-ru/windows/win32/shell/notification-area

Summary

Obviously, a revision of the translation is required. Moreover, even I am not a professional translator of programs (to GitHub, Crowdin, and less popular options).

2 Likes

It is more noticeable that even the button is not complete.

Summary

etc.

2 Likes

Thanks @Dolmatov for the feedback. I will fix the button display issue and make a release.
If you can fix the Russian translations wherever possible GitHub - fxsound2/Strings: FxSound translation strings repo translation-fix branch and create a pull request it would be great.

1 Like

Writing lines is a small task. It is more difficult to take into account that the translation lines will fit lengthwise in their places.
GitHub doesn’t have Actions configured to compile automatically, so I have a few options:
Do it based on the length of English strings (see the result after the assembly is released, which increases the time of changes);
Build a compilation environment and test on it (I haven’t compiled much code and the hardware is not new, so at the moment this is an ambiguous option);
See if it’s possible to set up compilation on GiHub (I haven’t done it, so I don’t know much).
I also read among translators about programs for “hard” translation of strings, but this is more for programs without access to tools and mechanisms for language adaptation. There is no point in going this way.

It would be easier to load language files from outside the program, if they are available. But for this need to rewrite the code, and this is a task of another level.

I’ll see how much time I can spare for this and what I can do. I cannot guarantee the result. So far I have made a fork and translated several lines without adapting them.

1 Like