I am a blind user
I am using FxSound using a screen reader
With a screen reader, I can’t control the audio processing slider
I’ve tried with nvda screen reader, jaws, and even narrator
Not all screen readers can move volume control slider

Can you help me please

1 Like

Hello Ahmed,
A previous user did manage to control the sliders with the NVDA reader using his mouse, but contacted us because he had trouble saving presets.
He sent this message:

This was the response of FxSound’s lead audio engineer:

The bug regarding saving presets with NVDA was subsequently addressed in v1.1.17.0:

However, the change regarding the control of the sliders was never made.
So I will send another message to the team in order to address this properly.
In the meanwhile, feel free to add any other information you wish to share on this issue.

1 Like

Thank you
I hope the problem is resolved quickly.

I have another question, I want to contribute to translating the program into Arabic
Can I do that

1 Like

Sure, thank you!
Please give me a little time to get the how-to info compiled.
You can expect to hear back from me later today.

You can find the text that needs translating below.
Feel free to just paste the entire string here after translation - or, if you already have a Github account, you’re welcome to upload it to Strings/Strings at main · fxsound2/Strings (github.com) yourself as a .txt file in Notepad or Wordpad titled “FxSound.ar.txt”
Thank you for your help!

This was fun, I just finished translating all phrases into Arabic, and I opened a pull request on github

It remains only to approve the withdrawal request from the administrator

2 Likes

Awesome! :+1: :heavy_heart_exclamation:
I forwarded it to the team, you should be getting confirmation very soon.

2 Likes

thank you

1 Like

Thank you @MesterPerfect for helping us with the Arabic translation. We have merged your translation file in GitHub.
We will integrate the translation in FxSound in the coming releases. We will also have to make some UI changes for right alignment of text for Arabic.

2 Likes

Hello @MesterPerfect
Thanks for pointing out the issues in the slider control. I am sorry that I didn’t address the slider control function when making the accessibility related fixes recently.
As I understand the slider control is not working with arrow keys on the keyboard. Please let me know if there is any other limitation that you want us to get fixed.

2 Likes

Thank you
I’m looking forward to using fxSound in Arabic

1 Like

Thank you for your help
Yes, I can’t control the slider with the keyboard arrows

Also, I will check accessibility with the program to make sure there are no other problems
I will respond within hours

2 Likes

Hello again,
I have tested the program with accessibility
I have not encountered any additional problems other than this screen

import and export

It cannot be used by screen readers
If they can be fixed that would be great

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble that you are facing with the Import Presets screen. Thanks for testing it and pointing out the issue.
I will address it and get it fixed in the coming releases.

2 Likes
  [quote="bvijay, post:14, topic:2198"]
  Sorry for the trouble that you are facing with the Import Presets screen. Thanks for testing it and pointing out the issue.
  I will address it and get it fixed in the coming releases.
  [/quote]

thank you 
  I'm looking forward to testing the next release
1 Like

Hi @MesterPerfect,
I just wanted to say sorry for the trouble you just experienced.
Our forum has some odd quirks, one of which being that “the system” automatically rejects a message that quotes the entire text of someone’s post.
Apologies for that.
Also, weirdly enough, a full quote does work if, for example, you delete the last full stop with backspace, and then just type in another one yourself; so, there are workarounds.

1 Like

Never mind, I love forums and I’m used to errors like this

1 Like

Hi @MesterPerfect
We have a new release available as beta at https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zvyq13igjfwe8ffc20irm/fxsound_setup.exe?rlkey=ni6rbadrjchpj3h7icsc82bhb&dl=1
The arrow key allows the equalizer and effects sliders to move in this release. Also, please note that the button positions have changed in this release and all the buttons are moved to the top of the window.
We couldn’t get the screen reader issue fixed with the Import Presets UI yet.
Also, the Arabic translation is not yet integrated in this release. We are planning to do it in the next release, since along with the translation integration we also have to make some alignment changes in the UI.

2 Likes

hi @bvijay
Yes I have tested all of this and I have pointed out the new problems

1 Like

Thanks @MesterPerfect. Sorry that there are some new issues with accessibility. I am working on the fixes for these issues.

2 Likes