Using fxsound with screen reader

hi,

i’m a blind person, i use screen reader that help me to use the computer, i’ve been using fxsound for quite sometime since it’s a paid one, i’m glad that the developer did take serious matter when I did send a feedback and thanks screen reader able to read most of the button at that time and i’m really happy i’m able to change the slider with the recent update, but i’m unable to find for the setting, power button now.

one more thhing is, i’m unable to save my own preset because the screen reader unable to find for save button. really appreciate if you all can help to find solution for that on comeing update.

really sorry for my bad english as english is not my main language.

thank you and have a nice day.

1 Like

Hi @pheerblue
Thank you for using FxSound and taking the trouble in reporting the issue that you are facing. Your English is perfect, we got the issue details clearly. We are sorry about the usability issues. Please see if these steps help you with the solution.
During the recent UI redesign, we moved all the buttons to the top right. So, the power button is on the top right next to the donate button. We can try to improve the keyboard navigation of the buttons in the coming releases.
Next to the Save New Preset menu option, a text box with the help text “Enter your preset name”, Type the preset name here and press Enter key. This will save the preset and there is no Save button to save the preset.

1 Like

hi there,

thanks for replying but as a screen reader user I only have tab to move around, before this just using tab I can find all the button so I don’t think I can find all the button that you mention earlier.

may be i can suggest to use the application key to access all the menu.

thank you and have a nice day…

1 Like

Hi @pheerblue
Thank you for pointing out this UI navigation issue. We will certainly address it and make the UI controls accessible through tab key.

1 Like

hi,

thanks in advance, really appreciate that and i’m really excited for that to happen so soon because I really love the apps…

have a nice day…

2 Likes

hi there,

After trying a few method i’m able to find the settings, donate, open, close and so on, problem is after entering settings, there’s no way that i can go back to the previous screen, just to inform that I 100% depend on keyboard, so not using mouse at all, kindly if you can do something on that to, also I would like to suggest to have a short cut for saving own preset alt ctrl S maybe. sorry if it’s quite annoying to request many things.

thanks and have a nice day…

2 Likes

Hi @pheerblue
Sorry for the trouble that you are facing with the Settings window. I will make ESC key to close the Settings window. It should make it easier for you. This feature should be available in the next release.
Shortcut key for save preset is a bit difficult. I will think of a way to implement it and get back.

1 Like

hi,

nice to hear that, thanks again…

1 Like