Latest FX Version Shows Annoying Action Center Notifications When Switching Playback Devices. And When I Completely Disable All Notifications For FxSound, they re-enable themselves! I've tried everything. Any Ideas? THANKS!

Thanks for reporting this.

Vijay will be back in about two days, I will forward your question then.
Link to the issue on GitHub, if you’d like to keep track,

You obviously did not even make the effort to read the full issue I linked above.

Hi @arogl
Turning off notifications from system settings for the application is not persisting. We are working on providing an option in application settings to disable the notifications.

1 Like

@bvijay

Is it a bug in FXSound that is turning the option back on again? Thi ssi an OS level change that is reset by something?

I saw a previous change log entry that said made notifications stay off for win 11, I assume it needs a check for lower versions and use that logic.

1 Like

I looked it up; this was indeed mentioned upon release of v1.1.17.0:

Hi @arogl
For both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the application code queries OS settings if notifications can be displayed and then shows the notifications. Disabling the notifications and saving the settings is not done in the application. I haven’t found any documentation on the difference in OS APIs in Windows 10 and Windows 11 for handling notification. I will see if we can query any system registry setting to know if the application notifications or turned off. If this method doesn’t work, we will add an option in FxSound settings UI.

1 Like

I have this problem too

1 Like