DFX registration causes error

Hi,

I’ve been using DFX audio enhancer for almost a decade and love it. I have recently had to do a fresh install of windows on the same drive. However, when I register and input my serial, the DFX app crashes OR throws up errors and then crashes. If I don’t register, I’m not able to minimise the app to the tray which is really annoying.

I’m not a fan of the new FX sound enhancer, as it no longer supports some of the features of the DFX audio enhancer.

Is there anyway to fix the registration problem with the DFX audio enhancer?

1 Like

Hi,
Support for the old versions has ended.
Sorry, you’re just going to have to use the new version.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity: what features are you missing in the current FxSound?

1 Like

That’s a shame. In DFX, you have 3 modes. Music I, Music II, Speech.

I really enjoy the sound created by the reverb/ambience in Music I mode, same with the bass boost. These effects are more noticeable in Music mode I and if you have multiple speakers set out across the room, it creates a very unique larger than life sound as the sound reverberates all around.

I’ve also tried adding a physical reverb in the audio flow, but again, not as good as the built in reverb they’d coded up in Music I mode.

I have tried the new FX Sound and attempted to re-create the DFX sound but wasn’t able to. I don’t think it’s possible without the different modes.

As they’ve ended support, there’s not much that can be done. Thanks for the responses though.

1 Like