Audio lags when switching to screen off/on

Hey there,
I’ve got a Windows 11 notebook, external LG monitor (which has a sound device) and a M-AUDIO USB-audio interface. When the screens goes of (energy saving) the sound lags a bit, it’s like 1 sec. of silence. The same happens when i press some keys to reacitvate the screen.

if i play audio without FxSound this does not happen. How can i fix this?

1 Like

Good afternoon,
I hope you don’t mind, but the points of advice I’ve given in a recent thread, are also the points of advice I would give you, so I’m just going to paste a link to my post…

Please try those fixes, and post back with your results.

1 Like

Hey @doolhoofd
thank you, i tried all points and the one which solved the issue was to deactivate all audio devices except the usb interface and FxSound

1 Like

Nice! :+1: Happy to hear that.
Feel free to post again if the problem returns.

1 Like

Same here. And I can’t deactivate all the other devices because I USE THEM.

1 Like

Hello @bvijay,
User @Deathblow is experiencing a noticeable sound lag upon screen on and off, even after applying the troubleshooting suggestions I provided (linked at the bottom of this post).
Could you please provide further possible options and troubleshooting suggestions?
Thank you very much.

Hi @Deathblow,
I am trying to replicate this issue with an HDMI monitor connected to my notebook. I have set 1 minute timeout to turn off the display. But if audio is active, display is not going off.
Can you please provide some details on your audio/video playback with which I can turn off the display on inactivity.
I tried to manually put the system to sleep. When the systems comes back, I see a delay in getting back HDMI audio in this case even without FxSound. Audio and display being on the same hardware and the system waiting for HDMI display to come back could be causing this delay.

1 Like