Sound delay

I’m noticing a slight delay in the sound every now and then. When I’m on the desktop or watching videos on YouTube it works fine, but when I watch movies or play games, the sound suddenly starts to lag. When playing with Guitar Hero or Hi-Fi Rush, they are more noticeable. I was only able to fix the problem by uninstalling the program, but I wanted to know if there is anything I can do to fix this.

1 Like

Hi Rogério, welcome to the forum.
This was one of the most helpful tips we’ve gotten on the topic (copy-pasted from the main troubleshooting list),

2 Likes

I spent some time playing and this came up:

1 Like

As you said about it being something configured in the BIOS, I looked around and found an option called “HD audio controller”, so I disabled it and tested it again:

It has decreased a lot, but it is still not good for rhythm games.

1 Like

Results often vary from system to system.
If FxSound works fine for music and videos, but not for certain games, you can disable the FxSound Speakers device in your Windows Sound Settings for any period of time, and re-enable it when needed, without any harm done.
I know that’s not the solution you wanted to hear, but it does allow you to keep FxSound installed.

1 Like

I just remembered another piece of advice: checking Windows Services (services.msc) and the Windows Task Manager utility for services and processes that might be unnecessarily eating away at your computer’s resources.
You’ll definitely want to do some research along the way though, because this needs to be done carefully and judiciously. Don’t just disable anything and everything. And when in doubt, it’s best to leave the process or service untouched.

1 Like

I noticed that when I deactivate fxsound, even with high latency, I don’t notice a problem with the sound delay, and even optimizing the PC, the delay with fxsound turned on appears after an hour or more.

1 Like