FxSound 100% CPU Usage

Hello Matthew,
First of all, apologies for our forum flagging your post automatically, and hence the delay.
Secondly, here is a list of settings to check and tips to address the issue:

• In the Help section of FxSound’s Settings menu, check to make sure you have the latest version installed (v1.1.17.0) available from fxsound.com or the Microsoft Store;
  • Make sure your computer, Windows and sound hardware drivers have received the latest updates;
  • Try running FxSound as Administrator;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, make sure all your devices match at the setting “24 bit 48000 Hz” (max);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, make sure the FxSound device is set as the Default Device;
  • If this doesn’t work, try setting FxSound as the Default Communications Device;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable Exclusive Mode for all devices, Playback ànd Recording;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable all Enhancements including Loudness Equalization for all devices (except for FxSound which doesn’t have this tab);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable Hardware Acceleration;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable all devices you don’t use, including the hidden ones;
  • Try uninstalling and reinstalling the program (I’m guessing you’ve probably already done that);
  • Try downloading the program from a different source and installing that version instead;
  • Try uninstalling with specialized full uninstaller software - this is more of a last resort option;
  • Perhaps you could try using SpeedFan (freeware) to control your fans and monitor your system temperature (at your own risk);
  • And this tip is also a bit riskier, but you could also try increasing the priority of the FxSound process in Windows Task Manager;
  • When inquired on this topic, FxSound’s lead audio engineer advised checking your system for OpenGL support (see below);
  • Downloading LatencyMon and running a scan while FxSound is On, seems like a solid idea to find the cause of the issue;
  • And finally, one of our forum regulars recommended installing the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers…

Apologies for the mess I’ve made of my list of suggestions; I’ve tried to include all the advice I could find on the topic, and I hope they will be of help to you nonetheless.
Please post back with your results and findings after trying them.
If your issue remains unsolved, we can explore further options (this usually entails me calling in the assistance of @bvijay, FxSound’s lead audio engineer).