Wasapi & FX

Like any serious music listener, I want every quality tweak I can get. I use the foobar2000 player and it works fine in conjunction with my DAC & FX, but on advice from some ‘experts’, I installed the Wasapi driver plugin to foobar, (it provides unmodified audio from the PC). The trouble is that the output must be set to Wasapi and be made exclusive, which puts FX out of operation.

If anyone knows how I might get the Wasapi driver and FX to work together I would appreciate any advice.

1 Like

Hi Brock,
As far as I know, the FxSound driver needs to be set as the Default Device.
So, once again, as far as I know, it doesn’t seem possible - to me.

@PLEASE_DELETE, @bvijay: Advice welcome, thanks.

Count me out; i am using AIMP as audio player since years and i never used foobar2000 or the WASAPI.

1 Like

Noted.
Thanks for answering though.

Also, if I’m not mistaken, there’s a paradox here.
Ask yourself, what do you want: objective audio (Wasapi), or more enjoyable audio (FxSound)?
Personally, I’ve chosen FxSound, in moderation.

I agree and thanks for the replies. I will still continue investigating this, both Wasapi & ASIO drivers have the ability to stop windows from processing the audio and deliver it via USB raw to the DAC, there is no doubt from articles read that this improves sound quality. But having tested it the quality improvement is not as much as we get with FX, so yes it’s best to just stick with FX. Maybe I will find an article on how to manage using both.

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder…

“Audiophiles don’t use their equipment to listen to your music. Audiophiles use your music to listen to their equipment.” - Alan Parsons

3 Likes

I love this citation by Alan Parsons

What is the difference between Musicophile and audiophile?

Audiophile: In love with how music sounds on their equipment.
Musiphile: Loves how music itself sounds - on any equipment - Especially with FX Sound. I place myself largely in the latter category .

2 Likes

Yes, i used to use foobar and it not fit Wasapi and ASIO (foobar not recommend), but with AIMP it works well, iam using wasapi
FX make sound very good with my DAC, i can feel the music much better
You can try

1 Like