Sound distortion/buzz with Chrome while switching tabs

Hey just heads up. Sometimes while flipping tabs there is a buzzing distortion for a moment. I disabled FXSound and it stopped. I’m betting it’s an issue with Chrome since FXS didn’t get an update in a while. Anyone else notice?

1 Like

Hi,
Questions:
Which version of Windows?
Latest update of Chrome?
Latest update of FxSound (v1.1.20.0 available on fxsound.com)?
Which audio device produces the distortions: one specific device, or all?
And have you seen the troubleshooting list at the top of the forum yet?

WIn10 x64
Version 121.0.6167.185 (Official Build) (64-bit)

FXSound 1120
I only use one device with FXS
Issue is new to update version of Chrome, don’t believe it to be a FXS issue.
Perhaps it’s the “hardware acceleration” of Chrome that causes it, cause my audio is through HDMI.

They keep updating Chrome every 2 days now so it’s crazy to try and keep up for everyone else.
The issue is somewhat annoying but it’s not happening all the time so thanks the gods for that.

1 Like

Good to know, thank you. :+1:

update: I disabled a whole bunch of stuff in about:flags, and the problem has dissipated. So Chrome by default is screwed up somehow.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks again.
Nice of you to inform us; it’s always a pleasant experience to be told the error isn’t originating on our end.

thanks

btw, I still love the way the dynamic boost works. I have foobar set to 20% of volume, and control output volume via HDMI out. So while music is playing and I shift over to youtube, the music gates down and allow for YT video audio playthrough over top. So the signals aren’t smashed together. The gating is sexy. Stupid Windows should have something like this built in, dynamic gating, but for now this plugin works good. Cheers. Edit: forgot to mention I got Dynamic Boost set to 7, for anyone reading this.

1 Like

Sorry. The buzzing is back. Essentially happens when switching tabs in Chrome. Strange. My Chrome is updated to latest version btw. I’m curious what could be causing this. Oh and my FSX is updated to latest as well. Weird.

1 Like

No problems in my case, just tried and switching tabs in Chrome doesn’t trigger such issue.

1 Like

I just uninstalled ASIO v2. Hoping that will fix it… Will report.

1 Like