I’ve updated to the latest version as of now, 18.104.22.168, and now whenever swapping programs/tabs in other apps, a stutter happens nearly consistently. If I just have music open and do nothing, it’s fine. I know it’s FxSound causing this as when I uninstall it and change nothing else, it reoccurs. I’ve tried rebooting multiple times, reinstalling multiple times, and even reinstalling my audio drivers (removing them from Device Manager as a latch ditch effort), but it’s definitely the new version of FxSound causing this. I’m running Windows 11 22H2 22567.200. This issue isn’t reported on the Insider Preview Build blog so I think it’s a bug in FxSound and not necessarily Windows or all audio programs.
i have the same issue on Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22000
Input is ChordPulse : playing “Simple Way”
Output is Arctis Pro Wireless over BT also over audio plug
the issue appears when clicking the Windows Start Button
the issue disappears when fxSound is OFF
and it shows the following result.
Conclusion: Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
I disabled WiFi/Bluetooth on my system and checked for stutter. It doesn’t occur anymore.
I will be trying few more troubleshooting steps about this and will check for power issues and leaks on my laptop. Will update about my findings soon.
Thank you, God of Thunder! I shared your idea immediately.
I’ve updated to 22.214.171.124 and the stuttering appears to be gone. I tried out LatencyMon anyway, it didn’t find any problems, I’ll bear that in mind in case it comes up with this or anything else again, thanks for that!