Quiet sound

Hello. I have a problem with the program. If I connect Bluetooth headphones, the sound from FxSound becomes louder. But if you connect headphones or speakers by wire, the sound becomes quieter on the contrary. If I close the program, the sound becomes loud again. This started a few months ago, after which I uninstalled the program. Now I installed it again, but the problem has not disappeared.

I tried reinstalling FxSound, running the program as administrator, installing new Realtek drivers, deleting headphones in Device Manager, setting all volume sliders to maximum, disabling sound enhancements, changing headphone frequency, checking and resetting mixer settings, updating bios, but nothing helped.

I also noticed that if I switch to another device in FxSound and then back to wired headphones, the sound gets loud for a second and then quiet again.

I tried both the latest stable version of the program (1.1.22.0) and the latest beta version (1.1.24.0).

Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Realtek driver 6.0.9373.1

1 Like

Hi Andrey,
For similar issues on volume dropping, we had given a suggestion to check the volume set in volume mixer and in some cases it worked because the volume was set to low in the system settings or for a specific application in the volume mixer. Can you go to the advance options in System β†’ Sound and check if the volume is set correctly for the device and volume mixer for system sound and the apps.

1 Like

Checked and set the volume to max everywhere, but nothing changed. I also decided to check the output volume with Audacity. The volume on the FxSound speakers is fine, but when it sends the sound to the headphones, it’s as if something is limiting the volume. Although the volume is set to 100% everywhere.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UACGoO2a3bNZojWkfV73ZtdikoFe5kwg?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Thank you Andrey for providing all the details on your audio settings. These settings look good for me.
Since the volume issue is specific to wired audio output on Realtek, can you confirm if you have installed any Realtek audio enhancement applications? We have seen such issues in the past where multiple audio enhancement applications being installed on the PC which can impact the audio output.
Also please check the volume set through Control Panel ->Sound β†’ Adjust system volume

1 Like

Thank you for waiting. I checked the mixer in the control panel. Everything is set to maximum there too. I didn’t find any other programs to improve sound in the system. About Realtek. I installed Realtek internet and audio drivers, Dragon internet management program and Realtek Audio Console program. Also in the system there is Realtek Audio Universal Service in autorun and in services.

I tried the following: uninstalled Realtek Audio Console, uninstalled Realtek Audio Driver, disabled Realtek Audio Universal Service in autostart and in services, restarted the computer. But it didn’t help.

Now I decided to try to install the old program FxSound Enhancer 13.028. It works just perfectly. The sound with it becomes only louder. Then I decided to install the latest version of FxSound 1.1.22.0 again, but the sound is still very quiet. If there are older versions, I can try them all. Maybe on some of them it will be fine, and on the next one it won’t, and then it will be clearer where the problem is.

Π‘Π½ΠΈΠΌΠΎΠΊ экрана 2024-07-27 002123
Π‘Π½ΠΈΠΌΠΎΠΊ экрана 2024-07-27 002134
Π‘Π½ΠΈΠΌΠΎΠΊ экрана 2024-07-27 002139

1 Like

Sure; there’s a link to VideoHelp under point zero of the main troubleshooting list at the top, where you can find all the previous versions of the purple FxSound.

I installed the oldest version I could find (1.1.14.0) and the problem still remains. My assumption is that maybe the problem is in the driver (since FxSound Enhancer and FxSound 1.1.14.0 have different drivers), or after uninstalling there are still settings somewhere (but where?).

I wanted to test the driver idea. I tried to install old drivers from FxSound Enhancer on FxSound Speaker, but FxSound stopped starting.

1 Like

There are instructions on how to manually remove the driver from Device Manager linked under point 21 of the troubleshooting list.

I remember @bvijay mentioned something about the drivers used in the different versions long ago, but I don’t remember where that was.

The drivers for Windows 7 and Windows 10 are present in %PROGRAMFILES%\FxSound LLC\FxSound\Drivers
To install or uninstall the drivers use the fxdevcon utility of the corresponding CPU architecture. For example, to install Windows 10 64 bit drivers go to,

%PROGRAMFILES%\FxSound LLC\FxSound\Drivers\win10\x64

And run the command

fxdevcon64.exe install

To uninstall the driver, run,

fxdevcon64.exe remove
1 Like

I have this exact issue and have tried everything suggested here with no fix. Hope this can be fixed soon as before I really enjoyed FxSound but as of now it is completely unusable due to how quiet everything becomes.

1 Like

Hi @dec.
Welcome to the FxSound forum.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

I assume you’re currently running v1.1.22.0.
Which version were you running before the problem started?
Just to verify: does the problem occur with only one audio device, or with all devices?
And have you read through the main troubleshooting thread linked at the top of the forum yet?
If the problem cannot be solved, you can find a summary of alternatives there, at the end.

Hello. Need more information to understand if this is the same problem I’m having or not.

1. Is the sound quiet on all devices?
  2. Have you tried using an older version (FxSound Enhancer)?
  3. What version of Windows do you have?
1 Like