FXSound - cannot operate volume level with my headphones

Hi, i liked your program FXSound so much, but cannot use it due to 1 issue. When i choose my headset (e.g. Marchall Major III) i can decrease or increase volume on my laptop with trigger on the headset. But when your program is chosen as an output for sound, the volume is not adjusted with my headphones and i don’t see the line de/in crease volume on my screen.

Can this be fixed? donate from me

1 Like

Hello pholiant,
Welcome to the forum; sorry for your trouble.
Have you already tried adjusting the volume by clicking the little speaker icon on the bottom right of your Taskbar?
Or by adjusting the volume sliders in your Windows Sound settings?
Here’s some other things to try:

• Make sure you have the latest version installed from fxsound.com;
  • Try running FxSound as Administrator;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, make sure all your devices match at the setting “24 bit 48000 Hz” (max);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, make sure the FxSound device is set as the default device;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable Exclusive Mode for all devices (Playback ànd Recording);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable all Enhancements, including Loudness Equalization, for all devices (except for FxSound which doesn’t have this tab);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable Hardware Acceleration;
  • Again in Windows Sound Settings, disable all devices you don’t use, including the hidden ones;
  • I would also recommend downloading software made specifically for your headset if available on the company website;
  • If you’ve tried all the above steps and nothing has changed, try uninstalling and reinstalling, if necessary with a free specialized complete uninstaller like IOBit, as a last resort.

Please post back after checking off these points; if the issue persists, we’ll explore further options.

A little more information?
Does the volume control work by means of the system?
Are you using additional headphone software (with drivers or separate installation)?

1 Like

Also: EarTrumpet has been mentioned before as a top app to control system-wide volume settings…