FXSound changes playing sound device "when he likes". And It changes to a device ths is not the default device

Using Fx, when I connect my earphones, it changes automaticalyy and it is worthy for that!

But in normal uses, It changes from my defautl device, that is my external speakers to the internal speakers of the notebook. And it does it in aleatory modes. Withou any interference.

I´m just watching a vídeo on youtube or elsewhere and the sounds go to the notebook. I have to click and select teh default external devices… it works a few more minutes and changes again to notebook sepakers.

And it is aleatory… sometimes it does, smotimes not… sometimes a lot of times, sometimes justo one time…

Testes for a few days withous FX and it works right.

The problem is just cocurs when FX Sound is working…

1 Like

Hi,
Do you have the latest version installed (v1.1.20.0)?
I pinned my standard troubleshooting list to the top of the forum a couple of days ago; these would seem like the first things worth trying, in case you haven’t done so already:

• In the General section of FxSound’s Settings menu, try changing the setting for automatic switching;

• Try running FxSound as Administrator;

• In Windows Sound Settings, try changing the frequency settings of all your devices to find an optimal match-up, with “24 bit 48000 Hz” being the maximum supported by FxSound (changing these settings often makes a bigger difference than you’d expect);

• In Windows Sound Settings, try setting FxSound as the Default Communications Device (this actually sets FxSound as both the Default Device ànd the Default Communications Device simultaneously, but, only shows it as the Default Device);

• In Windows Sound Settings, disable all Enhancements including Loudness Equalization for all devices;

• In Windows Sound Settings, disable Exclusive Mode for all devices;

• In Windows Sound Settings, disable Hardware Acceleration for all devices supporting this option (usually found in the Advanced tab);

• In Windows Sound Settings, under the Communications tab, select “Do nothing” as Windows’ response to detecting communication activity;

• In Windows Sound Settings, disable all devices you don’t need, including any hidden ones (done via “Don’t allow” in Windows 11);

• Try uninstalling, and reinstalling FxSound;

• Try downloading the program from a different source, and installing that version instead (e.g. if you’ve downloaded from fxsound.com, try downloading from the Microsoft Store and vice versa).

Let me know what your results were after applying these tips.
If the problem persists, I will, as usual, ask FxSound’s lead engineer for his advice.