Cannot Use FXSound With Serato/DJ Controller

Hello, I am trying to play music through Serato however when I’m playing music, nothing comes up in FXSound, nor does changing the playback device change anything. FXSound works fine usually but whenever my dj controller is connected and I’m playing music through serato, I can’t find a way to FXSound at the same time. I have uninstalled and tried just about everything.

1 Like

Hi,
Which versions of FxSound and Windows are you using?
Also, there’s a troubleshooting list bannered to the top of the forum with a list of tips and suggestions, which nobody ever seems to notice:

The first probable cause I can think of, is the fact that FxSound needs to be set as the Default Device in Windows Sound at all times, and that, if the Serato device has the same requirement, there will be a conflict between the two.
Could you please check these settings?

A second possible cause would be, that you have Exclusive Mode set to On.

By the way, I have no idea if your Serato DJ Controller is a MIDI device or not unless you provide more device specifics.

A third possible explanation would be the fact that many users have reported an inability to get professional music production tools to work properly, or at all, in conjunction with FxSound.

1 Like

I can play music files on my computer and through Spotify while my dj controller is connected and FXSound works. However when I’m using Serato, that seems to be the problem. Is there anyone with a workaround?

1 Like

Hello, thank you for replying. I’m using the current version of SoundFx version v1.1.22.0.
I have FXSound as the default sound device & I had tried turning off Exclusive Mode with no success.

1 Like

Have you checked your Serato device’s support page online, its manual, or their forum yet?

1 Like

There’s nothing about FXSound on their forums. There has to be a work around to it. As FXSound works using my dj controller as an output. However when I’m using Serato, when I look at my sound settings, at the playback outputs, it doesn’t show what the output is and there’s no live level. I’m not sure if that’s because my DJ controller has its own sound card. But there has to be some workaround maybe with an external app to allow Serato to be played through FXSound and out my DJ Controller.

1 Like

…And I’m assuming you can’t use two of those at once.

Apparently, there are ways to merge the outputs from two “sound cards,” with ASIO4ALL or Virtual Audio Cable for example, but such a setup will definitely require some tinkering.

I use virtual audio cable for recording already so I have that, but I’m just not sure how to control what gets played through what.

1 Like

Neither do I. While I do truly enjoy helping people, my job is looking at issues with FxSound only, not issues with e.g. combining multiple outputs.
I’m sure Virtual Audio Cable also has its own forum, manuals, support pages, et cetera where you can hopefully find the proper instructions.