Please help with this issue, after uninstalling FxSound my Audio devices are working fine, but this problem is occurring Because FxSound.
Welcome to the forum, and apologies for the trouble.
These suggestions were given in earlier threads on the same topic:
Also, this is my basic “first-aid kit” of settings to check if you are set up correctly:
- In the Help section of FxSound’s Settings menu, check to make sure you have the latest version installed (v188.8.131.52) available from fxsound.com or the Microsoft Store;
- Make sure your computer has received the latest updates;
- Try running FxSound as Administrator;
- In Windows Sound Settings, make sure all your devices match at the same setting, with “24 bit 48000 Hz” being the maximum;
- In Windows Sound Settings, make sure the FxSound device is set as the Default Device;
- If this doesn’t improve anything, try setting FxSound as the Default Communications Device;
- In Windows Sound Settings, disable Exclusive Mode for all devices, Playback ànd Recording;
- In Windows Sound Settings, disable all Enhancements including Loudness Equalization for all devices (except for FxSound which doesn’t have this tab);
- In Windows Sound Settings, disable Hardware Acceleration;
- In Windows Sound Settings, disable all devices you don’t use, including the hidden ones;
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the program;
- Try downloading the program from a different source and installing that version instead;
- If all else fails, try uninstalling with specialized full uninstaller software.
And another general piece of advice by @vincent I always add:
I hope one of these tips will help you.
Please do post back with your results.
If the problem persists, we can look for further options.