Verify file

how do i fix this…

what i done so far,
1.run admin to run this file,
2.install from microsft store still not fix,
3.i already extrack the file but i still confuse how to verifywith signtool…

spec
windows 11 iot latest version

1 Like

Hi @m3n3v3r.
Which version of FxSound are you trying to install?
The version number is shown in the “Details” tab of the Properties menu of any installer .exe accessible by right-clicking the downloaded file.
v1.1.26.0 was just released. You can get it at fxsound.com.
If that is not the problem, then please just wait a moment. I’ve messaged @bvijay on your behalf.

yes its new one…i tried 1.22 also same…

1 Like

this error from mstore

1 Like

This is the issue on GitHub, third case; you’ve already attempted all the suggested fixes, but it’s still worth sharing,

https://github.com/fxsound2/fxsound-app/issues/31

Hi @m3n3v3r
Sorry for the delay in my reply.
To verify the cab file signature, you can install Windows SDK to get signtool and then run the command signtool verify /v /pa fxsound1.cab

You can extract the installer components in fxsound_setup.exe by running fxsound_setup.exe /extract
This will extract the files
fxsound.x64.msi
fxsound.msi
fxsound1.cab
The file properties tab “Digital Signatures” can also be used to confirm the signing,

If you are facing issues when installing through fxsound_setup.exe, you can run fxsound.x64.msi to install FxSound on 64-bit Windows. If there is any error which prompts you to find fxsound1.cab, you can select the fxsound1.cab that you have extracted.

1 Like

Dear @bvijay

I can’t update the new version of FXSound + can’t delete current one.

I followed your topic to extract this file: fxsound.x64,msi, but I couldn’t find the extract option.

could you tell me exactly how to extract this file name (fxsound.x64,msi) from install app name (FXsound_setup.exe) because I can’t find this option?

TwenTeen

1 Like

Which version do you use?

1 Like