[VERIFIED BUG] If you're getting the "Oops! There's an issue"- error, read this first. [OOPS ERROR]

Hi @doolhoofd, FxSound over RDP and using the local PC for playback has a known limitation.
But if the remote desktop connection is set to play audio on the remote PC, then it is not any different from normal configuration because FxSound Audio Enhancer device will be available. If there are issues in FxSound in this configuration, I can look into it.

1 Like

I am also having this problem and setting the policy did not resolve the problem. FYI the path to the policy is actually incorrect. The correct path is:

Local Computer Policy->Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Remote Desktop Services->Remote Desktop Session Host->Device and Resource Redirection

The path is missing Remote Desktop Services.

1 Like

FYI here is the output for wmic on my device (an HP laptop):

Availability=
ConfigManagerErrorCode=0
ConfigManagerUserConfig=FALSE
Description=Intel(R) Display Audio
DeviceID=INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_280B&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&2F3162F&0&0201
DMABufferSize=
ErrorCleared=
ErrorDescription=
InstallDate=
LastErrorCode=
Manufacturer=Intel(R) Corporation
MPU401Address=
Name=Intel(R) Display Audio
PNPDeviceID=INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_280B&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&2F3162F&0&0201
PowerManagementCapabilities=
PowerManagementSupported=FALSE
ProductName=Intel(R) Display Audio
Status=OK
StatusInfo=3

Availability=
ConfigManagerErrorCode=0
Description=Conexant ISST Audio
DeviceID=INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_2008&SUBSYS_103C81AD&REV_1001\4&2F3162F&0&0001
DMABufferSize=
ErrorCleared=
ErrorDescription=
InstallDate=
LastErrorCode=
Manufacturer=Conexant
MPU401Address=
Name=Conexant ISST Audio
PNPDeviceID=INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_2008&SUBSYS_103C81AD&REV_1001\4&2F3162F&0&0001
ProductName=Conexant ISST Audio
Status=OK
StatusInfo=3

Availability=
ConfigManagerErrorCode=0
Description=FxSound Audio Enhancer
DeviceID=ROOT\MEDIA\0000
DMABufferSize=
ErrorCleared=
ErrorDescription=
InstallDate=
LastErrorCode=
Manufacturer=FxSound
MPU401Address=
Name=FxSound Audio Enhancer
PNPDeviceID=ROOT\MEDIA\0000
ProductName=FxSound Audio Enhancer
Status=OK
StatusInfo=3

1 Like

@bvijay: Can you assist, please?

@Rojma , to understand the issue you are facing better, can you please confirm that, the remote PC is the HP laptop and the audio device list that you have provided is from that. The Remote audio playback setting is “Play on remote computer”. And still FxSound is not working. Please let me know if I have understood the problem correctly.

1 Like

I came here looking for a solution to this problem on Windows 11, but before doing anything on this page I just happened to notice in Task Manager that when I launched FxSound there was a Maxx Audio process that was running with “Very High” power usage. I ended the process and FxSound was able to start immediately.

Hope that helps someone!

1 Like

very good fx sound

1 Like

Great program for connected digital audio devices, I just made a donation.

Same problem on RDP. I enabled the setting in the Group Policy editor, RDP set to play audio on remote computer and the “oops” message pops up every time.

@bvijay, @doolhoofd, would be great to find a solution or fix the bug in the software.

Thanks

1 Like

@bvijay, @doolhoofd, quick update. Actually RDP is working correctly, after verifying: I enabled the setting in the Group Policy editor (Allow audio and video playback redirection), RDP set to play audio on remote computer (not the default to play on “this computer”). Nolonger see the woops message. But on a remote session the sound will play through the speakers of the remote comupter… kind of annoying as co-workers or other in the room will hear. Still would be great to address this issue further.

1 Like

Hi @jngerber
In the remote desktop settings on the client, have you set the Remote audio playback option to Play on this computer (client)?

1 Like