Skype & Fxsound

Has there ever been a solution to this error? Sometimes when calling or receiving a phone call it happends. Very frustrating. I apologize if this has been answered. I didn’t find anything on here.

1 Like

Good evening David,
I searched the forum, and quickly found your previous thread on the same topic; in your last post there, you wrote:

So I take it the problem has returned (or, in other words, is still there).
My apologies on behalf of the team for this bug.
I’ll pass your report along to Vijay, and ask him if he knows any further options you could try.

@bvijay:
Good evening Vijay,
User @fugitive is still experiencing this error while using FxSound in combination with Skype:

Troubleshooting suggestions I provided earlier are outlined here, but the problem remains.
Could you please provide further instructions?
Thank you.

Hi @fugitive
Sorry for the delay in my reply.
In Skype audio settings, have you selected FxSound Speakers or Default Communications device. And if you have selected Default Communications device, then can you please check the Default Communications device set in Control Panel->Sound.

1 Like

Both are set to FxSound Speakers.

1 Like

Can you provide some information on the headset or speaker setup in which you are facing the issue? It will help us replicate the issue in a similar setup.

1 Like

Quick copy-paste from the previous thread,

1 Like

I don’t use a headset. I use a Sennheiser HD 6XX headphone with my laptop’s built in microphone as my usual set up. However, sometime I don’t use the headphones and just use the laptop’s built in speakers. Both work about 90% of the time but ever now and then both fail. It’s very frustrating.

My laptop model is a Sager NP8753p if that helps at all.

1 Like

Windows 11:

1. Windows Key+i then press Sound on the upper left
  2. Press the > to right of FxSound (shown in red in first screenshot)
  3. The 2nd screenshot shows the normal screen
  4. The 3rd screenshot shows what happens after the Skype bug hits

Note the change in the output section. This bug just happened when all I did was start up Skype and I lost my sound.

1 Like

@fugitive:
You should have replied to Vijay, not to me, since I am only a moderator, and my technical expertise is insufficient to get to the bottom of matters like this.
Don’t worry, I notified him, he should be getting back to you asap.

Hi @fugitive
Thanks for sharing the details on the sound settings. This could be an issue with the FxSound audio driver that the audio format list becomes empty. We will debug this issue further.
What was the audio format set in Centrance DacPort when this issue occurs?

1 Like

I’m no longer using the Centrance Dacport. The Sennheiser HD 6XX headphones are plugged into the headphone jack directly.

1 Like

Are you seeing the Skype disconnection issue with Sennheiser HD 6XX headphones also? You can provide the audio format set in the audio playback device with which FxSound disconnects, whether it is Centrance Dacport, Sennheiser HD 6XX or any other device.

1 Like

I’m not sure what information you’re asking me to provide but I’ll guess:

24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)

2 Likes

oops… I’m not using the Centrance DacPort anymore. It’s happening with just the Sennheiser HD 6XX headphone connected directly to the headphone jack.

1 Like

I don’t see in your screenshot what you chose for communication. You need to select and the device will be assigned to two directions (as in the old setup). The item itself will disappear and will only be available for other non-default devices.
What happens when you configure?

1 Like

Is this what you recommend? I never even noticed the “Set as default soud device” option. I changed it to the only option offered to me and it is pictured above. Is this correct?

1 Like

Yes. Test it this way.

1 Like

It happened again even after I made the change you suggested. This happened when I first loaded Skype. I ended up without sound system wide. I may have stumbled onto a workaround for this. I closed Skyped and soon after re-loaded it and my sound was back!

There might be a sperate bug that affects calls both sending and receiving on my Skype phone. I don’t know if re-starting Skype will fix that one yet as it hasn’t happened since the change.

1 Like

I just had an interesting time with fxsound and skype that you should know about. I loaded skype and i lost my sound. I went into the sound settings and it said my volume was 25, yet I had no sound. I closed skype and pressed Windows key + a and changed my volume. My sound came back on. I repeated loading skype 3 more times and each time my sound went off. Each time I closed skype and did Windows key + a and changed my volume. The sound came back on. Then I loaded skype, sound went off, but instead of closing skype i left it running with the sound off. Then I noticed just pressing Windows key + a brought my sound back! I didn’t even have to change my volume. The real test will come when I lose my sound receiving a phone call. Hopefully Windows key + a will “fix” that as well.

1 Like