No output in my wired headset

Hello, I recently downloaded FxSound and wanted to use it to enhance my audio experience,
but it doesn’t seem to register the output from my headset and just stops working. I have tried re-downloading also disabled Exclusive mode. Any ideas on how to fix it so I can use it on my headset too?

1 Like

Good evening Nile,
Here are the instructions on how to check if the FxSound driver was installed properly:

And here are the instructions on how to manually delete the driver:

Next, this is my standard list of settings I usually recommend checking first; it indeed always includes disabling Exclusive Mode for all devices, but since you’ve already done that, there’s no need to mention it again,

  • Install v1.1.18.0, the latest version, available from or the Microsoft Store;
  • Make sure your computer, Windows and sound drivers have received all the latest updates;
  • Try browsing their manufacturer’s website to find and download software built specifically for your devices;
  • In the General section of FxSound’s Settings menu, try changing the setting for automatic switching;
  • Try completely removing and then re-adding the problematic sound device;
  • Try running FxSound as Administrator;
  • In the Windows Sound Settings menu, make sure all your devices match at the same setting, with “24 bit 48000 Hz” being the maximum supported by FxSound;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, make sure the FxSound device is set as the Default Device;
  • If this doesn’t improve anything, try setting FxSound as the Default Communications Device;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable all Enhancements including Loudness Equalization for all devices;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable Hardware Acceleration for all devices supporting this option (can usually be found in the Advanced tab);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable all the devices you don’t need, including the hidden ones;
  • Try downloading the program from a different source and installing that version instead;
  • Try uninstalling with specialized full uninstaller software (not an obligation and more of a last-resort option).

Please try checking these settings first, and post back with your results.
If your problem persists, I’ll call in some expert assistance.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply and time. I got the problem fixed it seems my browser was using my headset’s audio while it should have been FxSound’s audio. It was a mistake on my side, sorry.
Hope you have a great day.

1 Like

Glad you got it solved! :+1: