No audio and distorted audio windows 11 speaker

Hi I am new user of Fxsound and I encountered a bug where the audio would be distorted I tried to fix it by using the troubleshoot sound option on windows 11 but then afterwards instead of distorted audio there is no audio at all. Sometimes the audio would come back and disappear like the sound is getting cut off and the distortion is still there. Fxsound tells me that there is sound but my laptop does not output audio.

3 Likes

Please let me know if the problem of sound disappearance and distortion occurred after installing fxsound, or if it existed before installation.

1 Like

Hi Marlon,
First question: it would be useful if you could share which version of Windows you are running.
[EDIT: Answered - Windows 11]
Second question: I am also curious what type or kind of distortion you’re talking about: is it crackling like clipping, or is your audio cutting in and out randomly in a glitchy way? Or both?
You can run through this list of settings to check if FxSound is set up right and to perform some basic troubleshooting:

• In the Help section of FxSound’s Settings menu, check to make sure you have the latest version installed (v1.1.20.0) available from fxsound.com or the Microsoft Store;
  • Make sure your computer, Windows and sound devices have received all the latest updates;
  • Try completely removing and then re-adding the problematic sound device(s);
  • Try browsing their manufacturer’s website to find and download software built specifically for your devices;
  • Try turning down one or more of the Effects sliders (the three sliders most likely to cause distortion are Clarity, Dynamic Boost and Bass Boost);
  • In the General section of FxSound’s Settings menu, try changing the setting for automatic switching and see if this improves anything;
  • Try running FxSound as Administrator;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, make sure all your devices match at the same setting, with “24 bit 48000 Hz” being the maximum supported by FxSound;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, make sure the FxSound device is set as the Default Device;
  • If this doesn’t improve anything, try setting FxSound as the Default Communications Device (this actually sets FxSound as both the Default Device Ă nd the Default Communications Device simultaneously, but only shows it as the Default Device);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable all Enhancements including Loudness Equalization for all devices;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable Exclusive Mode for all devices;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable Hardware Acceleration for all devices supporting this option (can usually be found in the Advanced tab);
  • In Windows Sound Settings, under the Communications tab, select “Do nothing” as the response to Windows detecting communication activity;
  • In Windows Sound Settings, disable all the devices you don’t need, including the hidden ones;
  • If the issue is CPU-related, then downloading LatencyMon and running a scan while FxSound is On could help you identify the issue;
  • FxSound’s UI graphics is built on an OpenGL-based framework, so you could check if your graphics hardware supports OpenGL and if OpenGL is enabled with DirectX Extensions Viewer;
  • Try uninstalling and reinstalling;
  • Try downloading the program from a different source and installing that version instead (e.g. if you’ve downloaded from fxsound.com, try downloading from the Microsoft Store and vice versa);
  • Since the FxSound driver can be removed with relative impunity, you could try performing a manual driver uninstall;
  • This is a bit riskier, but you could also try increasing the priority of the FxSound process in Windows Task Manager;
  • Finally, you could try uninstalling with specialized full uninstaller software - this one is a last-resort option in case all else has failed.

I hope one of these tips solves your issue.
If so, please let me know.
If not, please also let me know, so we can explore further steps.

1 Like

after

1 Like

ok, check out the solutions provided by doolhoofd

1 Like

ok, check out the solutions provided by doolhoofd

1 Like