My FxSound keeps creating a new output

So lately I’ve had some trouble with my audio drivers (and the problem was Realtek) so I completely got rid of Realtek and installed Microsoft HD Audio Drivers. Thing is, when I use FxSound, my audio creates a new output named “Headphones”, which is not activated nor is it plugged into my device. It completely spazzes out between Speakers and the newly created output, Headphones. I tried uninstalling the device in Device Manager, too, yet it miraculously comes back after like 10 minutes of spazzing out from time to time. Disabling it from the sound settings didn’t seem to help, either.
Anything I can do about it?

1 Like

Hi Andrew,
This is a quick link to my standard troubleshooting list.
The first and most logical thing to do, would be to disable automatic switching, have you tried that yet?

1 Like

Yeah, the automatic switching feature is disabled

1 Like

Another thing that happens when it does switch to the new created device: it lags my PC, as in lag spikes / freezes for a second then it’s alright again (it freezes thrice or 4 times, then it’s alright for a few minutes and it happens again)

1 Like

So this stays disabled, although when it starts spazzing out, it overlays my speaker’s audio

1 Like

Don’t know if you’ve already tried this:

Also worth copying,

1 Like

So far, I did the following: checked my speakers device, and put it’s frequency to FXSound’s maximum (24Hz 48000), then I opened up Device Manager, clicked on show hidden and uninstalled the remaining Realtek HD audio devices (Microphone and Speakers that were disabled, obviously, since there were no drivers to keep them, yet they were still there).
I also did what Antman said to do right now. I disabled the device from device manager, and disabled it from Sound, too. Currently waiting to see if it will still mess with my audio or not, and I’ll get right back at you.

1 Like

It keeps happening, but it happens as soon as I close Device Manager. It’s odd though, since if I were to use some other sound enhancing app, the audio device wouldn’t switch like this at all. It would just sit on speakers

1 Like

Alright.
Well, there are alternatives to FxSound out there:

1 Like

Thank you, I’m going to try SteelSeries Sonar, as I use spotify for music and not Chrome or anything else. If it helps with anything, I’ve been a proud FxSound user for the past couple of months! I do like pretty much everything about the program, although I’m unsure as to why I’m getting this problem. I feel like it has to do with Realtek, since Realtek’s drivers started messing with my audio in the first place, before FxSound started getting “corrupted” let’s say by the drivers, aswell. Once I perform a new reinstallation on my PC, which will probably be in a long time from now, I’ll use FxSound again and I’ll share my new opinion, and if it still bugs you. Thank you for being patient with me and trying to help, but I just feel like it’s my Windows at this point, haha. It’s just the fact that installing a Realtek driver will completely mess up my audio, like…completely wreck it as in getting rid of it. Even their latest driver. Meanwhile Microsoft keeps my audio in one piece, if that makes any sense

1 Like

Happy to help.
Yes, that makes sense, definitely.
We’ve had many threads of people reporting trouble with Realtek.
The thing is - if you ask me - like cars or the human body, computers are just way too complicated to fully understand for anyone lacking an in-depth education or knowledge of them.
As long as your system works, it’s all fun and games, but once something goes wrong, it’s just a dark rabbit hole, and there’s no way of telling how deep it really goes without the proper knowledge.

1 Like

Yeah, I get that honestly! Anyways, thank you once again for taking little by little out of your time to help me with the problem, even if we didn’t find a solution for it! And yeah, most people said that Realtek pretty much sucks when it comes to Audio, as most of the time their drivers just salute and walk out the door.
As I said, I’ll use FxSound again in the future, after I reinstall my OS, but I’ll stick with SteelSeries GG for now, as it’s pretty useful too!
Goodbye, and have a nice day!

1 Like