Low pass to C/Sub function

For some reason Realtek has dropped the ball on their audio, and I don’t see why this isn’t something still built into their software (suggesting it to Realtek would probably be a nightmare, and unlikely to get fixed since its something they removed), but my question is if FxSound might include the option to have a low pass filter option to send directly to the c/sub out port for those of use with 2.1/3.1/5.1/7.1 speaker setups. This would be amazing for just getting basic functionality and added sound from a somewhat common speaker setup, as well as fixing the lack of this when using almost any source that doesn’t output a 5.1/7.1 source (so most of them).

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion (even though, in all honesty, it seems very unlikely (to me) that such an option will be integrated into FxSound anytime soon).

Thought I would through it out there, I don’t know how hard it would be to put in, but hey if the devs just happen to see the suggestion and like the idea well thats something because other than learning to code myself I can’t seem to find a decent option to solve this in any reasonable proper way.

I do appreciate the honest response. Nice seeing that there is some interaction even on a somewhat niche program.

I’m just mildly frustrated, and somewhat confused, that a +.1 option isn’t built into the onboard software (realtek, etc.) when there is a port specifically for going directly to a sub. Would think that if there is physical hardware for it then the logical thing would be to have a low pass filter in the software to use it just like a standard receiver does with stereo audio, especially when it automatically detects when you have something plugged into it.

1 Like

EqualizerAPO is a free system-wide sound tool that has a lot of filters like the one you mentioned built in; and, please don’t take my word on this because I might be mistaken, but I do actually think there is a way to create device-specific audio-processing tabs…
All info on the software:
https://sourceforge.net/p/equalizerapo/wiki/Documentation/

I think I have seen that name come up also, but didn’t think it did low pass routing. I’ll take a look at it though, thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

John,
I looked it up.
Peace Equalizer is a Windows PC interface for Equalizer APO which does indeed allow multiple tabs for device-specific processing:
https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/discussion/general/thread/61caa9127b/

Thanks, I’ll take a look at it and see if it will work for my setup. Hopefully its easier to deal with than EqAPO that thing needs a better user manual, maybe some pictures or something.

1 Like