Surround Sound while gaming?
Making movies more immersive?
Conference calls?
Voice transcriptions?
To refine your music?
Or for something else?

Welcome, all! Share your experiences here! :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I use it as my post amp on my desktop PC which has 400 watts, I use it for everything gaming, music, browser videos, etc etc. Great application works great.
I was a paying user as well.

2 Likes

Refine music. But it does not work for long!

2 Likes

I am setup more simple here since i “just” use it to generally enhance my PC sound experience. I am using a standard Realtek HD onboard sound chip and nothing special and more or less higher level output devices (5.1 surround speakers and a headphone) but not even close to the audiophile level as some others here. Therefore, i normally try to find settings which are good for general use and i only use a single, self defined profile for everything. That’s my use case.

From time to time and not limited to PC audio, when i see/hear/read about some new details, technical specifications or simply a good sounding idea, i am experiencing around again to see if i missed something. But in the audio case, i do not find extreme high audio file specifications or extremely expensive output devices making much — or any — difference at all or the cost-benefit-relation is not even close to making any sense. :wink:

But that’s just me and since each person is different, has a different user scenario and different preferences, we started this thread to hear about yours and see, what informations, ideas and improvements for the future we can maybe gather from it.

Please use this thread just for this; there are forums for support and such here where you can post anything else (or even suggest a new forum)!

2 Likes

I use it for all audio on my PC. I have a very mild preset that just consists of the high frequencies getting a boost. When watching movies, I’ll crank the settings up a bit, mostly the Bass and Surround sliders. The program is always on. I’m not a gamer, my laptop is too old for that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use it primarily to boost and enhance my music files. I, too, was a paying customer for many, many years and loved DFX. In some ways, I really miss it now, although the free version is still doing the job for me.

2 Likes

To clear/improve the sound affinity (the mid/high bands) of the PC in general, but specially for music and online radio (I only use the Clarity slide and the EQ), that alone does a great job for me, and believe me, I’ve tried a LOT of EQs and “enhancers” and nothing reaches that sweet spot in my brain like FXSound does.

3 Likes

To allow me to EQ the sound in my office/music studio. I especially like that I’m able to easily produce and save tweaked settings for quiet, medium, and loud listening levels. I’m using this with Spotify premium (PC), Loxjie a30 amp (40 watts), and Polk signature elite (es15) bookshelfs. I was a paying DFX user and prefer this new version. Donation made.

2 Likes

I use a laptop as a streaming box for my home entertainment center. I use FxSound to enhance music and movies before I send it to AV receiver. It sounds amazing. I also use it for Teams meetings. It really clears up voices very well.

3 Likes

I Think it is one the best Sound Enhancers. I basically use it for everything. In some scenarios it is better than Dolby Atmos cause FXSound boosts the sound without any distortion. The Sound is really clean. Totally Appreciate the work. but it would be more better if they would release an android and IOS application.

3 Likes

Well i have used old version of DFX Sound Enchancer (the previouse version FX Sound Enchancer) for many years now.

I wanted to boost audio in my laptop cause laptops have so low volume i accidentally found DFX sound enchancer and it really made the volume better and higher on my laptop.

Later on i tried it on my regular pc and with my headphones i liked it and it made a huge improvment in quality and sound.

I allways use DFX, for music and for movies.

There are few apps/software that i really like. DFX i defenetly in my TOP 10 software to own.

I have also tried FX sound enchancer but in my experience it’s not as good as the previous version DFX.

1 Like

i mainly use it for sound enahcement over a 5.1 speaker system i use 5.1 for games movies music everythang really so finding a application that works like a av reciver without actually needing all of the cords and extra money i love it truely makes my sound system 20 times better without doing much at all its truely shocking i havent found any application on windows that dose with this can i love it i reccomend to everyone who has surround sound with windows as the input it adds so much to the experince not to mention enables surround live encodeing im bitstreaming from a optical connection so without this games that have object baced surround dont work on my system without fxsound not to mention being able to actually push 32bit audio to my speakers from this application alone is somethang iv been trying to do for almost 3 years by myself thank you guys so much truely have made somethang magical here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Volume boosting. Video Streaming is often too quiet for my partner, especially channel Disney+. She has trouble hearing low register sounds, like male voices. She reached the max volume in her BT headphones, and still needed more. We were able to customise and boost the right range with FXSound. Really happy with the results!

2 Likes

I use it for my online lectures, when I need to clearly hear the voice of my teachers, and sometimes while watching movies XD

1 Like

I use it to “flatten out” any loudspeaker system (even cheap headphones) that I am using with my computer. Basically – to make better my listener experience in a way I see it :slight_smile: thanks guys for this awesome product!

2 Likes