I am a user from China, and I have encountered a very serious problem when using fxsound, that is, when I use Speakers, my computer can’t make any sound, but the fxsound interface has audio beats, which can be understood as my computer emits sounds that only it can hear and recognize. When I switch to computer speakers, I can hear the sound, but fxsound can’t recognize it.
Here’s a list of things I generally recommend checking first:
- Make sure you have the latest version installed (v126.96.36.199) from fxsound.com;
- Try running FxSound as Administrator;
- Try shutting down and restarting your computer;
- In Windows Sound Settings, make sure the FxSound device is set as the Default Device;
- In Windows Sound Settings, make sure all your devices match at the setting “24 bit 48000 Hz” (max);
- In Windows Sound Settings, disable Exclusive Mode for all devices (Playback ànd Recording);
- In Windows Sound Settings, disable all Enhancements including Loudness Equalization for all devices (except for FxSound which doesn’t have this tab);
- In Windows Sound Settings, disable Hardware Acceleration;
- In Windows Sound Settings, disable all devices you don’t use, including the hidden ones.
Please run through these steps first, and post back to let me know if your situation improves or not; if not, we will explore further steps.
Thank you for your reply. It’s already night here. I’ll try it one by one tomorrow and reply to you.
The very first thing is whether silent mode is enabled in Windows. There are several places in Windows (especially Windows 11) to adjust sound settings (volume, mute), including the volume for programs. So take a close look at the volume sliders, speaker icons.
Some screenshots from the web to show the abundance of knobs with the speaker button icon.
Windows 10 (and some more)
I’m sure I’ve tried, so there’s the method you told me, but the problem is still unsolved. After choosing fxsound as the output device, my computer did make a sound, because I saw the main volume beating with the sound emitted by the video, but the computer could not make the sound for me to hear, that is, the sound was detected but could not be made, which bothered me for a long time.
Can you help me?
I have a successful case here. A few days ago, I had StellSeries GG in my computer (now I have uninstalled it). When I turned on fxsound and Siri GG at the same time, I chose StellSeries GG Chat as the output device in fxsound. I found that I was successful, fxsound was up and running, and my computer really made a sound that I could hear, and I never succeeded again.
I hope this can provide a reference for solving the problem.
@bvijay: Could you please troubleshoot this problem? I have no idea how to solve it.
@Mendacium, Sorry for the delay in my reply. When FxSound is active can you please check the volume level in both FxSound speaker and the physical speaker from Control Panel->Sounds. And also please check the volume level in Volume Mixer from Control Panel->Adjust system volume.