Headset w/ USB plug doesn't recognized by FXSounds

Hello, I’m using our very own FXSound application for a long period of time, however, currently, I’m using a headset w/ an audio jack tip. but I’ve tried to use a headset w/ a USB plug-in type which it doesn’t recognized by FXSound, I’m a tech savy, done checking windows settings but still FXSound doesn’t recognize my USB-Type Headset, can you help me on this one please.

2 Likes

Hi Momo,
The first thing I usually do, is ask people to run through the list bannered and pinned to the top of the forum with the most common troubleshooting suggestions.
Judging by your opening post, I assume you are probably familiar with most of the tips.
The only recommendation specifically for USB connections, is the one about turning off Power Saving from the device’s Power Management tab in Device Manager.

Hi @Momoshikival
Can you please confirm if your USB headset is a mono device?
FxSound does not support mono devices.

2 Likes

Hello,

The headset that I have here is the Plantronics Poly DA85, not pretty sure if it’s mono or stereo

1 Like

Is this the Poly device you’re referencing?
Is it only the adapter, or is the adapter hardwired to a pair of headphones/earphones?

Some headphone and earphone models can have two separate device instances in Windows Sound Settings, one for Stereo Audio, and one for Hands-Free Audio.
In most cases, the latter will be a Mono device, built for handling calls and communications.

yes this is the one that I’m referring to. I’m referring to the hardwired to a pir of headphones/earphones the USB one, that is the one that I’m trying to connect on my PC.

1 Like