FxSound does not recognize bluetooth devices unless I exit the program

Hello everyone. I have this rather annoying problem since I’ve been using FxSound, never solved with updates.

What happens is that when I connect a bluetooth device to my PC, Windows recognizes it as connected, but it does not appear in the list of FxSound output devices. Once I close the program and re-open, I can select the device. However, it is quite frustrating to have to close the program each time. I attach a screenshot here.
Thank you.

1 Like

Good afternoon Federico,
I noticed that you’ve been on the forum for a while now, and also, that you already created a report of this problem way back in September of 2022, to which I answered with very poor advice (since I was still inexperienced)…
So, first of all, I owe you an apology.
There are indeed known issues with Bluetooth, but in the meanwhile, I’ve created a list with some of the best troubleshooting tips, which is bannered to the top of the forum (I’ll link the original thread below in case you’ve already closed the banner).
It would be helpful if you could run through the list to apply any relevant suggestions you haven’t tried yet, and post back with your results.
I will also go ahead and send @bvijay a message to inform him of your problem.

Hi @fede94sound
Can you please share the details about the bluetooth device?
FxSound does not support single channel mono devices. We would like to confirm if the device is not a mono device.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response, Vijay.

Added to the banner list, for easy future reference (point 9).

1 Like

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay but I only just found out about your responses as I did not receive any notification emails.
So, I use two Sony stereo headphones: the WH-1000XM3 and WF-1000XM3 (in-ear) models. I will now try to follow @doolhoofd’s advice. However, I am sure that I have updated FxSound to the latest version and that the drivers are updated as well. If you want more info, please feel free to write :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bvijay:

I was wondering if there is some way to “refresh” the drop-down output device list without closing the program?

@fede94sound

That’s good gear.
Make sure both devices have received all latest available updates.
It’s also worth checking if you can update your Bluetooth software in any way (e.g. via the website of your computer’s manufacturer, via Windows Update, or via Device Manager).

Just to clarify: do you mean closing with the X button at the top right of the interface, or exiting FxSound via the tray icon (see below)?

exit

The output device list is updated automatically when a new device is connected and detected by the system. So, without quitting and restarting FxSound the list should get refreshed.

1 Like