Hands-Free output not showing up for bluetooth headphones

I understand. I was unsure myself about how relevant to your particular case this actually was - but I felt it was worth sharing nonetheless.

Would you mind specifying where you found the dialog box for those settings - and adding a screenshot of that box/window?
You can make it as anonymous as you want it to be, or find a similar one online, and post that one instead.

In the current implementation of FxSound we are filtering single channel mono devices. To solve the problem that @intexteel is facing, and to avoid exiting FxSound to switch to the mono bluetooth device, we can allow mono devices to get listed and selected in FxSound. I am not sure about the implications of processing mono audio with FxSound. So, if mono device is selected FxSound processing will be disabled. We can take up mono audio processing later.

2 Likes

If you’re referring to the 2 outputs, they just appear in all the places where audio outputs are shown in windows (speakers option in taskbar, Sound menu - see screenshot, they’re not currently connected but they’re still showing up there)

1 Like

FxSound will detect and list the playback device once it is connected. But in this case if the AirPods Pro Hands-Free AG Audio is mono device, it may not appear in FxSound even after it is connected.

1 Like

I was wondering where the place/box/window which allows you to select the desired Bluetooth profile(s) is located.
Hence the SuperUser link.

Oh, I could only find the “profiles” in the place you put a screenshot earlier.

Otherwise, they just show up as 2 separate audio outputs. They’re just described on the web as “profiles”.

1 Like