Error when installing on windows 7 x86!

When i’m trying to install FxSound on my windows 7 x86-bit i got this error message “A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\Users\Ayman\AppData\Roaming\FxSound LLC\FxSound 1.1.16.0\install\fxsound1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt”

1 Like
1 Like

Hello Adlan,
Please first try the solutions described in the thread linked above, and post back with your results.

1 Like

I’ve tried this soloution
The other option to install through fxsound_setup.exe in two steps.

1. Extract the installer by running fxsound_setup.exe /extract
    Once the files are extracted, you can verify the cab file signature by running
    signtool verify /pa fxsound1.cab
  2. Then run fxsound.x64.msi (fxsound.msi on 32 bit systems) to install FxSound

And I’ve got an error that says it can only be run through bootstraper

1 Like

Okay; did you already try downloading and installing the software from the Microsoft Store?

I’m on Windows 7 it can’t be done

1 Like

Right.
Let me ask Vijay if he knows a solution.

Goodday @bvijay;
User @Ayman is still experiencing the known cabinet file signature issue on Windows 7 even after attempting the troubleshooting steps provided (linked at the bottom of this post).
Do you perhaps know a feasible workaround for this problem?
Thanks again.

1 Like

The problem is that without installing the driver, the program does not work. To install the driver, you need to check the signature, which is not checked on OS with outdated certificates.

Try disabling signature verification and restart your PC.

Or manually make an entry in the registry.

• Use this if the standard install fails after disabling verification. Below is the link to the archive of drivers. Unzip them to any folder.
  • Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) with administrator rights and navigate to the Windows 7 X86 drivers directory. ~ ‘‘cd C:\Downloads\Drivers\win7\x86’’
  • fxdevcon32.exe install fxvad.inf
  • Extract the fxsound1.cab archive and try running fxsound. If the driver is installed, the program will be launched (defective mode).
1 Like

If you solve the problem with the driver, then there will be a small addition for further “configuration” of the program.

1 Like

pratt

@Dolmatov: You Are Amazing!

Ok, about extracting the fxsound1.cab I did that, and the only file I found was called fxsound when trying to set up it or click on it it says please specify what version you are using and contact the publisher, and about disabling the signature verification I did that and the driver installed successfully

1 Like

Can you show a screenshot? As you can see, I’m not a developer, just a visitor.
If a sound device is displayed in the device manager and in the OS settings (device selection), then this is already half the way.

2 Likes

First, I would thank you for your efforts to solve my issue I’ve attached a screenshot from Device Manager, and about OS settings I don’t know how to get it as I’m using an old version of Windows (Windows 7).

And here is the error message from fxsound1.cab

1 Like

Screenshot:

Here’s what I wanted to clarify.

Oh. I think it should have been written more clearly.
Here’s what I’m clarifying about OS settings and device selection.

1 Like

1 Like

I understood about the error. I did not pay attention to the capacity of the system.

• Performing actions with files from the fxsound1.cab archive
    Copy the files to another folder, rename if necessary.
  • Rename FxSound.exe_2 → FxSound.exe
  • Place fonts (.otf .ttf) next to the executable file.
  • Create a Factsoft folder and put the files named fac*.

This is without the update module and drivers.
explorer_B0EWJy5e0C
explorer_cj3IrYedck

As you can see, everything is in the archive. Only for two bits and in a peculiar order, so you need to perform a “sort” to run the program.

2 Likes

Sorry about the confusion, After doing that sorting in this screenshot

What should I do next?

1 Like

It is logical that you run the program and use it.

2 Likes

1 Like

c:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\FxSound\FxSound.settings
c:\ProgramData\FxSound\FxSound.settings

From the archive.

1 Like