when i try to use the spartial sound option from sound seting > fxsound the dolby build in speaker option dissapear. (device: rog strix G17 with dolby atmos)
fxsound not compatible with dolby atmos driver? (sound seems working but no spartial sound effect)
No, indeed, they are incompatible.
This is a known issue.
I found a solution: so what i did to enable the spartial sound:
- install fxsound
- open the app and turn it off
- disable fxsound from startup
- open dolby access app & enable > set it to dynamic (test it make sure its working)
*[then close the app and never open it again lol]
- open sound seting > choose realtek > choose spartial audio > set it to “dolby build in speaker”
- open sound seting > choose fxsound > choose spartial audio > "now you can see “dolby build in speaker” <== choose this…
- re enable fxsound from startup
- open fxsound + turn it on
- verify spartial is working (WARNING IT CAN GET LOUD! Update: this cause by enabling sound enhancement in realtek speaker) higher volume than before…
- restart computer (and check sound make sure its saved n working) ps: do not open any sound seting… Just test your games/movie/music…
*you need to redo this process if you check sound seting (and it will show no spartial sound when you check the sound seting menu)
so far i already tested with Strix G17 + Zephyrus M16 and its working on win 11.
Update: sometimes sound suddenly cut off no output from fxsound (exiting the app and relaunching fxsound fixed the problem… Weird)
Your solution can help other users.