[CRASH] Crashed after switched to onboard audio output

Good afternoon Drew,
Sorry for the delay in my response; I was asleep.
As usual, I will start off by asking some questions, and then share a list of settings to check and troubleshooting suggestions.

• Q 1: What did this crash look like? Did you get the “Oops! Error?” This actually happens to me every time I disable FxSound completely, and I’m assuming also to everyone else, so this is not an abnormality, and not really something to worry about, since you can simply re-enable the device anytime in Windows Sound Settings.

• Q 2: Is this crash a recurring issue, or did it only happen once?

• Q 3: What were/are the results of this crash? Does FxSound still work afterward? (You didn’t mention anything about this, so I’m just asking.)

• Q 4: Could you further specify the nature of the Realtek device? Is it a pair of headphones, a pair of speakers, how are they connected, from what brand are they, what model; things like that.

• Q 5: Are you using any other additional audio enhancement programs or tools (e.g. equalizers, Surround Sound, or a DAC, for example)?

• Q 6: Is there a reason you’ve decided to stick to v1.1.16.0 instead of installing the latest version, v1.1.20.0?

I hope you can understand that FxSound’s lead programmer @bvijay is already overloaded with work, so I’m going to exercise caution and wait until I’ve received your answers to these questions before asking him to review your crash logs.

Here’s my standard list:

• Download and install the latest version of FxSound (v1.1.20.0) available from fxsound.com or the Microsoft Store;

• Make sure your computer, Windows and sound devices have received all the latest updates;

• Try completely removing and then re-adding the problematic sound device(s);

• Try browsing their manufacturer’s website to find and download software built specifically for your devices;

• In the General section of FxSound’s Settings menu, try changing the setting for automatic switching and see if this improves anything;

• Try running FxSound as Administrator;

• In Windows Sound Settings, try changing the frequency settings of your devices in order to find an optimal match-up for all of them, with “24 bit 48000 Hz” being the maximum supported by FxSound (changing these settings matters more than you might think);

• In Windows Sound Settings, make sure the FxSound device is set as the Default Device;

• If this doesn’t improve anything, try setting FxSound as the Default Communications Device (this actually sets FxSound as both the Default Device ànd the Default Communications Device simultaneously, but only shows it as the Default Device);

• In Windows Sound Settings, disable all Enhancements including Loudness Equalization for all devices;

• In Windows Sound Settings, disable Exclusive Mode for all devices;

• In Windows Sound Settings, disable Hardware Acceleration for all devices supporting this option (can usually be found in the Advanced tab);

• In Windows Sound Settings, under the Communications tab, select “Do nothing” as the response to Windows detecting communication activity;

• In Windows Sound Settings, disable all the devices you don’t need, including the hidden ones;

• FxSound’s UI graphics is built on an OpenGL-based framework, so you could check if your graphics hardware supports OpenGL and if OpenGL is enabled with DirectX Extensions Viewer;

• (This one probably isn’t applicable to your particular case where FxSound crashed, but I’ll include it anyway:) If you are experiencing choppy audio and if this issue is CPU-related, then downloading LatencyMon and running a scan while FxSound is On could help you identify the issue;

• Try uninstalling and reinstalling;

• Try downloading the program from a different source and installing that version instead (e.g. if you’ve downloaded from fxsound.com, try downloading from the Microsoft Store and vice versa);

• Since the FxSound driver can be removed with relative impunity, you could try performing a manual driver uninstall;

• There is a way to increase the priority of the FxSound process in Windows Task Manager - please note though that doing so is not without its risks and that in your case, I don’t think it would be a good idea to go and tamper with those particular settings as a first option (I am mainly mentioning it as a final bullet point in this list for purposes of completeness);

• Finally, you could try uninstalling with specialized full uninstaller software - this one is a last-resort option in case all else has failed.

I hope this was helpful.
Please post back with your answers and results.