FXSound Crashes on Launch

FXSound started crashing a few days ago whenever it starts. I literally tried reinstalling it and it still doesn’t work. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Could you further describe the crash or the error you’re getting?
On which version is this happening?
And have you read through the troubleshooting list at the top yet?

I don’t know what crash it is but whenever I launch the app it stays open for around 2 seconds, You can’t click anything and then it crashes. How do I check my version?

Also I tried most of the troubleshooting steps but alot of them can’t apply to me.

Let me know if you need any specs or anything like that.

1 Like

Try this first:

Go to https://www.fxsound.com/ ;
Click on the purple “Download for Windows” button to download the latest release, v1.1.26.0;
Running the installer .exe by double-clicking it should take care of the entire install procedure automatically, provided you give it a minute;
Then report back here to let me know if your problem is fixed or not.

Your version number is shown in the Help tab of the Settings menu (located at the top right of the user interface).
It is also shown in the “Details” tab of the Properties menu of any installer .exe, which you can access by right-clicking the .exe file.

Version 1.1.22.0

1 Like

At the bottom of the page of fxsound there are some links choose the Github it will direct there once the at the right bottom side the is the latest Version 1.1.26.0

1 Like

It didn’t change anything, The program still crashes.

1 Like

@Oinma3

Try manually removing the FxSound Audio Enhancer driver from Device Manager, and restart your computer afterwards.
Then, re-run the installer for v1.1.26.0, and report back with your results.
You can find the full instructions on how to manually remove the driver here:

I did this and now the installer wont open. I’m not sure if it installed but now the app wont even open.

1 Like

Even after restarting your PC?

Yes after restarting

1 Like

Running the FxSound.exe found in
C: \ Program Files \ FxSound LLC \ FxSound
is the surest way to restart FxSound.

• Is this folder present?

• Are you seeing a tray icon with the FxSound logo?

• Are you seeing an FxSound shortcut on your desktop, or in your Start Menu?

• Are you seeing an FxSound Speakers device in Windows Sound Settings? Or is the device perhaps disabled and/or hidden?

• Are you seeing an FxSound Audio Enhancer device in the Sound, video and game controllers section of your Windows Device Manager?

• Are you seeing an FxSound program in the Programs section of your Control Panel? Here is a list of methods on how to open the Control Panel in Windows 10 and 11:
    https://www.digitalcitizen.life/8-ways-start-control-panel-windows-10/

The folder is present

It has atray icon

I do have an icon

I don’t see FXSound speakers or the Enhancer

And it’s in the control panel

DZyVgsWDql

1 Like

In that case, please try uninstalling FxSound from Control Panel, restarting your computer, and sharing your results.

Alternatively, you could skip right to the big guns, and use uninstall software to remove FxSound completely.
And then, either reinstall FxSound, or try a different audio enhancer, from the list at the end of the main troubleshooting thread, for example.
I’ve heard Revo is one of the best free uninstallers:

https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-free/

1 Like

As doolhoofd mentioned best solution for uninstalling programs is Revo Uninstaller

1 Like