Cracks and pops after installing FXS during sound playback

This may sound like a stupid question, but have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

In the past we had an audio cracking issue due to a bug in the audio driver and we had rolled back that driver. If it possible that the driver may not get updated during upgrade or reinstallation. The correct version of “FxSound Audio Enhancer” driver is 14.1.0.0 dated 17-Mar-2021. Can you please check if this is the driver version that is installed?

1 Like

Also you can try to increase priority of FxSound.exe process. You can increase the process priority from Task Manager, Details tab.

1 Like

Yes and not only one times.

1 Like

v14.1.0.0 is installed.

1 Like

@all:

Thank you for support.

But please be sure, this isn’t an issue by wrong installation or similar simple faults by a clueless user.

I am pretty sure, this is a bug into FXS or another incompatibility which can’t be fixed with some simple tricks.

1 Like

Understood :+1: and yeah, I can believe that.
Certainly wouldn’t be the first inexplicable incompatibility I’ve come across in my time on this forum.

Hi, in the last 5 years i have used this software with the same headphones (tronsmart glary), never had problem. As of now i have the same problem the user genetic has. I guess i can give a bit of help to get more close to the answer, after following the topic. The problem is indeed with the dfx, i have used the software of the tronsmart, and even by pushing the audio “to the limit”, headphones are fine, no problem, so no “audio too high” neither is the quality, since headphones and presets have always been the same.

Important things: I had a problem with windows. were it got a lot of problems etc, the day after, fx was no working properly. Should we move and address the issue to driver issues between newer versions of dfx and windows “broken” parts? Or the fault is simply of windows, i’ll try since now i got things to do (sorry for spelling and english mistakes)

If i find out something i will let you guys know.

2 Likes