Can't save new preset

I make changes to an existing factory preset, but when I try to create a new preset in the menu, the option is greyed out. I know this has worked before, but just recently I reinstalled FXSound and noticed this issue right away. Anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Ah, just read Dan’s post on the same thing. I HAVE imported the additional presets from the web. Guess I’ll have to decide on which ones I really want to keep.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the initiative to look around, David.
I hope this fixes your issue; if not, feel free to make another post.

I spoke too soon. Here’s what I’ve found.

You can’t select a preset to delete, as that is greyed out in the menu.
I uninstalled and reinstalled, only to find out that all the bonus presets were already there.
So, I can’t find a way to delete presets I’ll never use so that I can modify an existing preset and save it as a new one.
Please help. Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

1 Like

@dbcobb:

I am aware of the fact that these are stupid and silly things to ask, but, nevertheless:

1. Could you please share a screenshot? And also,
  2. Just double-checking to be sure, but you are trying to delete a bonus or custom preset and not a standard pre-loaded preset, right?

You can upload your screenshot via an image sharing website, or you can send it to me through Discord, user doolhoofd#4554.

Here’s another recent thread where users had the same issue:

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks much. Worked for me. I deleted three of the down loaded presets. Kept the new one to 3 letters and pressed enter and it worked!
Thanks again YOU got it!

1 Like

alice - avec plaisir

Glad it worked for you!

1 Like

@dbcobb:
So you’re still experiencing the same problem?
If you want, I can tag the lead audio engineer.
He knows just about everything there is to know about the program.

I think he was the one that replied to me with the fix. I just deleted some of the downloadable presets and was able to save my new preset.

1 Like

Nice

Came to the forums to ask about this very same issue. I wasn’t aware there is a limit on the number of presets we can have. I thought the greyed out options was a bug.

Thank you for the info! Fixed.

1 Like

Yeah, you’d think they’d have fixed this by now.