Can we turn off FXSound presets depending on device?

I am running FXSound because my windows and discord and game audio coming out of my SoundCard speaker is a bit on the low end.
The problem is that when I’m playing with friends, I put a HyperX Cloud 3 on discord + league of legends for example, and the present loundness carries over to the headset, forcing me to juggle different audio mixer bars for every app and game specifically because of the headset vs soundbar, and that’s because FXSound booster becomes too loud on the ears otherwise.

I don’t want to constantly juggle “turning on and off” the entire program, so that I dont forget to turn it on on soundbar, or worse, forget to turn it OFF on the headset and getting another jumpscare of ear bleeding loudness…
I’d like to be able to configure FXSound to be loud on my sound card (ON), and turn it OFF indeifnitely for my headset audio) and never cross streams between the 2.

Can we do that please?

1 Like

Hello Charles, and welcome to the forum.

Short answer: No. Not at the moment.

Long(er) answer…
The requests which most closely resemble yours, are the auto-switch and priority device ones.
Please take a look at those first, and let me know if they would suffice to fulfill your needs, or not.

I wanted to suggest EarTrumpet, but, this would lead me to assume you already have a similar app installed, correct?

1 Like

Just saw this.

I suppose the auto switch is something id like the app to gravitate towards.

Basically I just want the Option to assign a profile per device .

Right now whether I use a sound bar or headphones, the fx app combines both into the same output on my audio list. So it makes games and YouTube and others (which have a certain sound level on sound bar) EXTREMELY loud on headphones.

I wish the fx app at least mapped the output to different sound devices , one for each of my profiles (one for sound bar and one for audio) so that I don’t have to squint to hear things on my sound bar at normal balance nor get my eardrums burst id I switched to a discord call or other game on my headphones when gaming.

I should at least be able to set 1 profile per device like that requester said, and when I switch to headphones or sound bar, it would trigger that profile (ex: louder on sound bar, power on headphones or earbuds) etc.

Because sharing the same output sound for both into an overloaded single output (that somehow knows that is witched to headphones and then takes over as priority output device…) that just makes it harder to balance mixer settings that I have In Windows since they are shared between both soundbsr and headphones under same output device.

1 Like