Bluetooth device not recognized automatically

My bluetooth headset is not detected automatically. I have to go to system sound and choose the bluetooth device and after that it recognizes. Thereafter, it works fine when I turn it off and turn it on again. The problem is only the first time.

Bluetooth : BoAT Rockers 255 - BT 5.2
FxSound: 1.1.22

1 Like

Hi,
There’s a troubleshooting list bannered to the top of the forum with the most common suggestions.
For example: have you tried factory-resetting the headphones, then removing, and re-adding them to your computer’s Bluetooth list?
I know it’s not a fun operation to perform, but it could solve your problem.

It worked perfectly. Thanks

1 Like

No, afraid the problem has reappeared. The system is recognizing. FXSound recognises only after the headst is selected as described earlier. Also, if I dont use the headphone for a long time, FXSound does not recognize it when the former is activated. (The headphone has a facility to turn off to save on power)

1 Like

Sorry, but I don’t have an immediate solution for your issue at hand.
Your headset also seems like a pretty “niche” device, or, to put it differently, not something you encounter every day.
I’ve sent a message to @bvijay, perhaps he has an idea that could help.

Hi @PD1108
When the headphone turned off FxSound would have detected a disconnection and removed the device from the list. But when it is turned on again, ideally FxSound should have recognised the connection, because this method works for all other devices.
Once the headphone is powered on again, is the headphone status shown as connected in Control Panel → Sound?

2 Likes

Hi Vijay,
When the headset is turned on, it is immediately recognized by the system sound, but not by FX. When I select it in system sound FX then recognizes it in its list. Here is some additional info:

If I power on the headset within a short time again, FX recognizes it. However if I don’t power on for a long time, say an hour or so, FX does not recognize it

The power on behaviour is consistent with other bluetooth headsets as well.

My most used headset is the very popular one in my country. It is BoAT Rockerz 255 Neo

I have no problem with my other sound devices - like my USB sound bar

1 Like

I did not know that. I had never heard of them before.
My apologies.

2 Likes

Hi Prasun
I tested this scenario with Sony WH-CH520 headphones which also supports bluetooth 5.2. But when the headphone is turned on, I see it getting selected automatically in FxSound.
Can you please confirm if the option “Automatically switch to newly connected output device” is selected in your FxSound settings.

1 Like

Vijay, Yes it is selected. It works as expected , but only after it is forced at start up the first time, the way I described earlier

1 Like

Vijay, I am now inclined to believe it is to do with the Bluetooth implementation on my Acer laptop. I tried this experiment and the results were intriguing. In the morning, when I power on my Laptop and keep my BT headphones on, the system recognizes the headset and FXSound connects it without any issue. However, when I power up the laptop, but don’t keep my headset on, then afterwards, the headphone needs to get recognized by FXSound by manually selecting audio through the system sound.

Wonder, what you make out of this?

2 Likes

Hi Prasun,
Sorry for the delay in my reply. Whenever a new device audio device gets connected or disconnected, FxSound updates the list. So, the system audio devices and FxSound output device list is always in sync.
Can you please check in Device Manager → Bluetooth, if you have a Power management tab for the bluetooth adapter or the headset device from which we can set an option to turn off the device when it is idle.

1 Like

Hi Vijay,
No, my system does not have a way to auto disconnect a device when it is idle. This particular device has a facility to disconnect when the two magnetic earbuds are brought together. This does not cause any problem after the headset has been linked manually the first time (or connected when starting the laptop as described earlier). It is automatically selected when the earbuds are separated.

1 Like

Hi Vijay, Should I upgrade FXSound to the new beta version 1.1.23, or stay on while you figure out the issue I am facing

1 Like

Hi Prasun,
We have updated the beta release to 1.1.24.0. It has an option to set a preferred device. But if FxSound could not detect that a bluetooth device is connected, the preferred device feature also will not solve the problem.

1 Like

Yes, I saw that, but I have kept it selected to connect automatically option. I have now put it into the start-up process to select the Bluetooth device manually the first thing in the morning when I power up. After that it works fine, even when I disconnect the headphone, and connect it when I need it again later.

1 Like