Want to help us beta test V1.1.20.0?

You’re welcome
I am ready to test the program at any time

1 Like

V1.1.20.0 is officially available for download for everyone through “Check for FXSound updates” module.

1 Like

When i click ‘Check for updates’ in the settings, Changelog - FxSound opens in the browser and…
To return to the program, i have to minimize the browser window.
Or, if i don’t do this right away, then in order to open fxsound, I need to minimize every open program.
Clicking on the program icon in the tray plays ‘Windows Ding.wav’.

ps. windows 7

1 Like

Hmm I just attempted that as I did not realize that was my Version I thought that said 1.200.0 How I did that with 1.120.0 I am not sure but it worked it did what it was supposed to letting me know my version is the correct one.

1 Like

@raddy:
Version 1.1.20.0 was just uploaded to the official website, so the easiest thing to do would probably be to just go to fxsound.com and download it there, if you don’t have it yet.

@doolhoofd File from Want to help us beta test V1.1.20.0? and

the same.

1 Like

Then just run the .exe and install it?

For what? I have 1.1.20.0 version after install “beta version”.

Bug = Windows Explorer can’t handle window with FXSound Settings.

1 Like

Maybe that’s because you’re running the latest version, and there are no updates available?
Just a guess.

1.1.20.0 beta and the 1.1.20.0 released in the website are the same. We just promoted the beta to public release.

1 Like

No, look to screenshots

1 Like

Thanks, @raddy. Those are helpful.
I’ve never seen this behavior before. I clicked “Check for updates” and landed on the Changelog too, and everything else is normal.
@bvijay: Do you have any idea what might be going wrong here?

@doolhoofd I checked the code change history. The “Check for updates” link in the settings dialog has always been set to Changelog - FxSound. From the application we have not implemented an update feature, so we have set the link to changelog. For installer to update to new version, use “Check for FxSound updates” in Start menu.

@raddy, are you pointing out an issue where the taskbar icon disappears when settings dialog is open? On Windows 11, I don’t see this issue, I can try to replicate it on Windows 7.

1 Like

Yes, try it on windows 7.
Probably, this is similar problem - The executable/windows-process

1 Like

The problem is in the window with program settings, when you click on any link here, the window with settings disappears, it is not on the taskbar and the window is not accessible through Alt-Tab.

I’m only can minimize/or close other open windows to find the FxSound settings window.

Windows+M shortcut not help, FxSound settings window also minimizes.

1 Like

I don’t know if this has been said yet, but the newest version (1.1.20.0) seems to have removed the backwards/forward feature for preset cycling while using the hotkeys. In (1.1.19.0), I was able to cycle through the presets in any direction using (Ctrl+Alt+A/D). While I can assign any hotkey for the preset switching in the newest version, it currently only cycles in one direction. This is annoying because now I’d have to cycle through the entire list of presets if I ever wish to return to the preset I was using moments ago. I switched back to 1.1.19.0 in the meantime. Hopefully this makes sense, or maybe someone has also experienced this?

1 Like

I can understand why this bothers you.
To quote a Dutch proverb:
“Elk nadeel heeft zijn voordeel,”
meaning every downside has an upside; and another one:
“Er is nog nooit een kok gevonden,
die koken kan naar alle monden,”
which loosely translates as “a chef who can cater to all tastes has never been found.”
Every person posting a request on the forum has an ideal vision of what they would like the software to become, and those multiple visions are more often than not conflicting, but most of the people posting their desires don’t seem to realize that.
Considering the amount of requests received concerning the shortcuts, the decision was ultimately made to change the way they work.
All change requires some sacrifice, and there is simply no way to please absolutely everybody absolutely all of the time (as demonstrated in Aesop’s fable about the old man, the boy and the donkey).

Hi,
In v1.1.20, menu button looks like in weird position between on/off and max/min button. I think it would look good if you just get rid of the menu button and transform FxSound logo on top left into clickable and make it menu button.

First, I thought you could have put the menu button on top left before the FxSound logo. Later, I realized hamburger menu button and FxSound logo both are made of straight lines; one horizontal and one vertical. That would look dumb. So I think it’s the next best thing.

1 Like

That’s annoying… Can anyone else replicated this?

@bvijay @doolhoofd

1 Like

I think I see what you mean. I think your suggestion would look better visually, but I’d be worried that it wouldn’t be obvious to some users that clicking the FxSound logo would open the menu/settings.

Maybe a gear icon would make more sense.

1 Like