Surround sound not working after fxsound

So i have Razer kraken v3 headphones, and they have 7.1 surround sound, it worked perfectly fine, but the moment i downloaded and turned on fx sound surround sound doesnt work. The “basic” stereo option works perfectly, in the audio devices its labeled “Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)” (its called speakers because i connected it to the back of my pc with those two little pink and green cables that came with the headphones) but the moment i switch to surround sound, labeled “Speakers (7.1 Surround Sound)” there is absolutely no audio. I’ve tried turnin fxsound off, deleting it, reinstalling it, disabling and enabling the stereo and surround sound “devices” in the windows settings but nothing is working. I just want my surround sound back :frowning:

1 Like

Hi cognizant,
Sorry to have to say it, but we are aware that combining FxSound with Surround Sound is a known issue, for which many threads have already been created on the forum, but, regrettably, no one-size-fits-all solution has been found so far.
You can find threads on the topic by typing the search term “Surround Sound” into the search box in the top right corner.
For example, @Milincho reported problems with Razer Kraken V3 Pro headphones about a year ago in this thread, and if you scroll a bit, there’s a reply from FxSound’s owner @james further down.
One possible solution (or perhaps workaround would be a better term) in this case, would be to disable the FxSound Speakers device in Sound Settings while you are using 7.1, and to re-enable it while you are using other devices.
Apart from the “Oops!” pop-up, which you can safely ignore, this should have no harmful consequences.
Some standard tips from the troubleshooting list are also worth applying either way, like trying different frequency settings for your devices, and disabling Exclusive Mode, Hardware Acceleration, and Enhancements, for example.
I’ve added a link to some info on supported devices, bit depths and sampling rates shared by FxSound’s lead engineer below.

I have a 5.1 setup, and FX only supports Stereo.

1 Like

have you looked at the spatial sound options on both fxsound and your headset?
You should at least have the option for windows sonic for headphones

1 Like