Speaker confusion

In the sound app in control , It shows fx as speakers, also , shows my sound card as speakers.
My speakers are Klipsch. I set me sound card as default and try to set the fx speakers as communication device. FX keeps changing to default and the sound card too communication, the fx is not working. I went thru the topic I posted before, no help. The only speakers showing are fx. the LG, the real tech, all are disabled. FX wporked before, but now does not. Thank you.

1 Like

Select the sound device in the program, not in the system.

Global sounds / App choice → FxSound (with a selected device) → a sound card.

1 Like

Thank you for the response to my problem. I am not
a computer whiz and I find no global sounds choice.
In my apps I show both fx sound and my sound card.
Bill Rehfield

1 Like

I generalized the name “by default” when nothing is selected in programs (browser, player, etc.). Through a slash option when programs allow you to select a sound device (media player, messenger chat, etc.).

1 Like

Hi Bill,
Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and if so, how many times?
Also, which version are you running?
Because v1.1.17.0 is now available, both from fxsound.com and the Microsoft Store.

Uninstalled and reinstalled at least three times. I am running the latest version.
Thank you.
Bill Rehfield

1 Like

Good afternoon @bvijay,
User @wrehfield is experiencing a problem with device selection.
Could you please provide some troubleshooting suggestions?
Thank you.

Show (pictures, videos) of all the settings you have checked. Write the name of the sound card, speakers (headphones) if these speakers have their own driver (connect via USB). The desired audio output device is assumed.

1 Like

I have LG full HD disabled. I have FxSound Speakers Default device(checked).
I have speakers Realtek Audio not plugged in. I have Realtek Digital output disabled.
I have speakers Sound Blaster Audigy FX Default communication device(checked with phone icon).
The fx sound enhancer is checked with a check mark. Strangely, when I play sound coming from
the pc, the fx works. When I play a song from my external had, the fx does not work.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you mean.

The program does not process sound from an external source (microphone), but affects the sound output for the selected output device.

1 Like

Good Morning
I have my music on an external hard drive. Both fx and my sound card,

Audigy show in my control panel, along with Realtek and LG, which
is my monitor. All are disabled or unplugged, EXCEPT fx and the sound
card. FX shows as the Default device and my sound card shows as the
default communication device. Does not look right to me.

1 Like