Popping sounds even after uninstal(srry for bad english)

i Tried restoring but i don’t have anything to restore, i remember latencymon saying something about disabling cpu throttling, should i do this? or should i try to restore the windows? i can use my cellphone as audio device soo i can wait more if you guys think it’s better

1 Like

Do you mean there are no restore points?
Because if you have no restore points, then you can’t restore your system to any previous point.
“Disabling CPU/Power throttling” simply means changing the Power settings of your computer/laptop.
I actually don’t think this will fix the distortion you are experiencing anytime soon, but, this is a tutorial describing 4 methods.
You’ll want to try method 1 first, since it is the easiest and safest; and method 4… Well, I honestly wouldn’t recommend trying that one, in this case, really only to be used as a last resort, ànd only after creating a system restore point (the instructions on how to do that can be found here).
All of these methods are at your own risk, so proceed with caution.

Have you checked your Device Manager (under “Sound, video and game controllers”), your Control Panel (under “Programs”), and your Windows Sound Settings yet, to see if FxSound is still there (I asked this in my first post)?
If FxSound is still in Device Manager, then uninstalling the FxSound driver manually seems like the smartest thing to do.
Another thing you could try, is going to Device Manager, finding the audio device which is causing the problem, and either updating, or rolling back, the driver of this device.
Open Device Manager, go to “Sound, video and game controllers,” locate the problematic device, right-click it; then go to the “Driver” tab; and next, either select “Update Driver” to update the driver, or “Roll Back Driver” to roll back the driver.

1 Like

well, i was talking about recovering the windows to factory settings, i think is called recovery

1 Like

This would return your computer to the way you bought it.
Meaning all programs you’ve installed, and all your files, will be deleted.
To me, this does not seem very desirable.

1 Like

welp, in a last case cenario this would fix it right?

1 Like

about this, theres nothing here about Fxsound, do you think i should try installing Fxsound and uninstalling again to see if a miracle hapens?

1 Like

Yes, that’s definitely worth a try.
You can find the latest version on fxsound.com.

By the way, if your headset is connected via USB, then can’t you simply plug it into another available port?
Or connect it via Bluetooth or a 3,5mm jack instead?
Or, have you already tried that, and do you get the same distortion that way, too?

wil try again with all the other usb. but yeah i alredy tried that. and my headset is just USB

1 Like

Okay. It was just a thought.
Have you searched the manual, is there perhaps some way to perform a factory reset on your headset itself?
I will be “away from keyboard” for the next eight to ten hours, to sleep.
But I’ll be back tomorrow.

welp, my headset is pretty basic, and don’t have a instalation, and i don’t have a clue where the box is but i will try to find it. but again if i try to recovery the windows, if the problem is with the pc itself, is there a big chance to solve it?i am ok if this is a option too

1 Like

i will try to find something to test my headset on, to be sure if the problem is with the pc or headset

1 Like

I am assuming your computer is way more expensive than your headset; and it would be illogical to factory-wipe a 700€ computer just to save a 50€ headset (random estimates).

You can find any manual online. You just have to know the brand and the model, then run a search on any search engine, to find the manual.

wait a sec, are you talking about the option the windows give itself? if yes. what exactly means factory wipe? i can wait for you to respond tomorrow if you want

1 Like

just find it, will try to search now and give update later

1 Like

There is a difference between a system restore, and a factory reset.
A system restore restores the system to a previous point in time (this could be any point).
But a factory reset reverts all settings to a point zero, “out-of-the-box” state, the state you originally bought the device in.

so it’s ok no? because theres quite a few archives in my pc that i realy don’t want to lose, so i can put in a pen drive or something like that, doing a factory reset don’t look like problem. at lest in my eyes

1 Like

maybe because it’s a country thing, but here in Brasil, is quite common doing a factory reset in your cellphone for example, if the Pc works normaly after i realy don’t see a problem

1 Like