Oops there's an issue with your playback device settings [OOPS ERROR]

I have this issue the moment Fxsound installed which is written in the title i did as it is said in the website to troubleshoot it but no device was disabled please help

2 Likes

Hi Zyson,
If you’ve attempted to uninstall and reinstall, and followed the troubleshooting info, and it still doesn’t work, I’m guessing it could simply mean that the sound settings of your machine are not compatible with FxSound.
But I really hope someone on the team will come along and look into this, since there might still be a fix to your problem.
Best of luck!
[EDIT: This was posted when I was new to the forum; please scroll down for actual troubleshooting suggestions.]

1 Like

Oh yeah i reinstalled FxSound 5 times and did apply the troubleshooting guide but still nothing worked so i guess my device isn’t compatible much appreciated

1 Like

@bvijay is there anything else he can try?

1 Like

If the driver gets installed but the device instance is not created properly in device manager, we can try removing the device manually, by uninstalling the device with “Delete the driver software for this device” option checked.

If the driver installation again fails and shows :warning: sign in the device name in device manager, share us the installation log file %WINDIR%\inf\setupapi.dev.log

1 Like

That’s some hard core tech business.
Let us know if this helps, @Zyson!

I can’t help wonder if maybe there’s an overlap between these issues?

Yes, the issues preventing FxSound Audio Enhancer device getting installed could be similar.
If the device could not be installed after driver cleanup, then we can go through the setupapi.dev.log to get some clues.

1 Like

Hello Vijay,

This user needs assistance.
Thanks!
EDIT: Problem miraculously solved.

Tip: If you can’t find FxSound in Device Manager, try looking under View > Hidden devices.

I’m getting this error on the first machine i have tried to install the new version on. But the old version install fine, Windows 10 21H2 . Back to the drawing board for the builders of this software,

User @anubistyrant proposed the following:

1 Like

Thank-you!
That fixed it!

New Windows 10 install btw, same problem - pulling my hair our 'till I read this solution :slight_smile:

1 Like