Fx \Audio not working; all troubleshoot fails, system says 'no audio device found'

Been trying to fix this problem for weeks now- tried all fxaudio troublshoot methods on this website and on windows.
There is basically no sound or audio; troubleshoot either says ‘no audio device found’ or ‘failed to troubleshoot’
Driver updates didn’t work, and nor did re-installing fxaudio does. My laptop has basically been rendered useless- can’t watch media, can’t take video-calls and can’t do any video editing.
Any solution is worth trying, please help.

1 Like

Good afternoon Tahoor,
Could you please share which version of FxSound you installed and which version of Windows you are running?
My basic troubleshooting list is bannered at the top of the forum, but you probably already know that.
I’ve notified @bvijay, and I found this video tutorial online on how to reactivate Windows audio:

My list concludes by suggesting specialized uninstaller software or Windows’ inbuilt recovery options, but these are last resort options…

Hi @Tahoor
Looking at your screenshot, it looks like FxSound audio device has already been removed.
From Services, can you please check if Windows Audio service is running and if it is not running can you please start it manually and run the command
net start AudioSrv from admin command prompt.

1 Like

Can you please give us some details about the system on which you are facing the issue? What is the Windows version on which you have installed FxSound and the FxSound version? What are the audio devices present on this system?

1 Like

Hello
Of course, I should have included this already, so here are the software details:

My Windows version-

FxSoundversion that i am running (I have tried reinstalling the software from the website, so its the version available here)

[continued}

1 Like

[continuation]
I am sorry for being this technologically handicapped, but I am unsure of which bannered troubleshooting list you are referring to.

For reference, I have so far tried all the troubleshooting methods shown when I follow this pop-up
WhatsApp Image 2023-12-25 at 22.38.56_0596b894

Additionally, I have tried the steps in the video that you shared.
All have been unsuccessful.

I also tried to use what all I could make sense of from the 'Inbuilt recovery options"- I uninstalled additional windows updates, and opted out of the 'try latest updates as they roll out".
Restarted the device- nothing.

I’m honestly trying not to lose hope :[
Anything else that I can try?

1 Like

Again, I am not completely sure of what the audio device being removed might mean. But I don’t think that’s the case since i still get notifications like “FxSound player using speakers” and things like that, along with the “oops! there’s an issue…” Popup that i have attached in my last reply in this thread.

I ran the instructions you provided in “servives”, and this is the outcome-

I restarted my device after this, and there was no change.
Additionally, the video linked above by doolhoofd also showed steps involving restarting a couple of the options in this “services” menu, and they didn’t do anything either.

1 Like

Alright, here are my device specifications :

I have also attached my windows and Fxsound versions in the replies above.

[audio devices ss added in next reply- I am not allowed to attach more than one media file per post as a new user in the forum]

1 Like

[continuation]

This screenshot shows my audio output devices, but I also shows another characteristic of my problem- no audio is being played, but the system is only sometimes able to tell that its not working- this is one of them. Clicking the ‘test’ button in audio devices shows this.

Please let me know if you need any other details, if that helps figuring out what is going on here, and thanks a lot for trying to help.

1 Like

If this is the result of installing or uninstalling FxSound, then we owe you an apology.

I don’t think that’s necessary; it’s probably best to keep the updates active.
What I was referring to, was the option to restore from a system restore point:

However, as I mentioned, this is not something to take lightly, and you should take the time to carefully review the rollbacks made to your system for each restore point.
Also, before you try that, please try manually removing the FxSound driver. You can find the instructions under bullet point 21 of my list; this is the link to the original thread:

Important question:
When you right-click the FxSound Speakers device shown above (not your speakers, but the virtual FxSound Speakers device), and disable it, do you still have no audio?
You should be able to re-enable the device anytime, so this definitely seems like something worth trying.

@Tahoor

Any luck getting your sound back? Any news?

Oookay, so, uninstalling the drivers didn’t work. And neither did disabling the FxSound Speakers did anything–
All the problems are there like before…

So the system restore method- is it my only option now? Is it one that will erase all the data on my device? If so, then before I do it- how sure can I be that this wont be a risk and will work for sure?

1 Like

Hi @Tahoor,
@bvijay will be back on 04/01, I’ve sent him another message.
I know it’s a pain, but I would really recommend waiting, since he knows much more about computers than me.
Also, let me ask our most helpful forum regulars for advice.
@Dolmatov
@Antman
I was hoping you could maybe spare a minute to help out; there’s a user named @Tahoor with a very serious issue, and all attempts to fix it have failed so far.
Thanks!

It’s probably not.
Computers are complicated, and there are usually multiple ways to reach a certain goal.

No, System Restore does not affect all files, only some specific file types.

Your best bet would be to - first, check if you actually have any restore points, of course - and secondly, to carefully review the changes made by each restore point separately (logically, you’ll want one from before this problem occurred) and to take your time before making a choice.
Because, as mentioned, this is not something to take lightly (if you appreciate your computer).
This is a good informational video on System Restore:

Sometimes finding and fixing problems even with official support (Microsoft, the hardware manufacturer) is very difficult. This is an introduction so you understand the complexity of remote diagnostics.

At the moment, it seems that there is some kind of problem with the drivers in the system, so the system does not understand where to output the sound. This may be due to system and registry damage, including early undetected problems.

The steps you described are not detailed enough, so for now just follow the basic steps to try to restore sound to the system (without FxSound).

1. Read everything first, then do it. Performing without understanding all stages leads to risk.
  2. Run the standard removal of sound drivers, if there is such an item in the system settings.
    Reboot your PC after this.
  3. Download and run DriverStore Explorer.
    Remove sound drivers from the system cache. Check the section names carefully (!), because this program does not make backups. Use the force delete flag if required.
    Restart your PC.
  4. Laptop? Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and install.
    PC or not on the manufacturer’s website? Download the sound card from the website or search the Internet for different options (be careful not to get a virus).
    Restart your PC and check the sound.
  5. DriversBackUpSolution or similar software will allow you to make a backup of your current drivers. It is recommended to do this if you do not have a verified official driver installation kit. Even saving “potentially faulty” drivers can be useful.

The OS sound system is based not only on drivers, so if reinstallation does not help, be sure to check by creating a new PC user. This will allow you to determine if the problem is on the user settings side or at a more global level.

1 Like

That is some hard core stuff for someone who previously described himself as

(Not to sound demeaning, of course; the fact that you shared this solution, is still greatly appreciated.)

I didn’t bother writing this after the first comment:
The described actions do not require significant PC skills. If something is not clear, it is better to look for graphic instructions on the Internet or ask for help (offline or online). Lack of knowledge is not a reason to stop looking for it.
The translation of the text and the past tense of thoughts may have lost their original form somewhat.

Additionally, you can note that offline reference books in the OS and even books have lost their relevance. To some extent, this means that to some extent the interface has been simplified to a basic level of understanding. Microsoft is looking for an answer on the Internet. Although it cannot be denied that we are not a world of pink ponies and even experienced people encounter difficulties.

1 Like

Please ignore any advice regarding driver acquisition or manipulation. Your correct drivers are archived here. You may wish to use the automated tool.

Step 1. Prove any audio device exists. Enabled in BIOS, present in Device Manager.

Your did not report or I ignored the original cause or first effort to recover. Please describe here. A fresh start is required for professional review.

Please clarify how many audio out devices you use, to include BT.

Please upload an image of Device Manager. Do not expand any branch on the tree. I may ask for additional images with the audio branches open.

or, this might work

Exception: If there is an “Other Devices” node, please expand that branch.

1 Like