What settings should I use

Hi. Thanks for letting me use this program for free.
If I am watching a streaming movie from Netfix for instance, is it best to use the movie option or the streaming video option.
The same question if I am streaming music from spotify.

1 Like

Hello @irish,
Welcome to the forum.
You can use either, but I see that the Streaming Video preset has less bass (in the EQ) and less clarity, less volume boost and less surround (in the effects sliders) than the Movie preset.
The surround slider set to full blast can be hard to listen to for extended periods of time, so the Streaming Video preset will be less tiresome on the ears than the Movies preset; it will also be less shrill and less boomy.
Netflix already has very decent sound, so with a good sound system, the Streaming Video setting should provide ample boost.
Personally, I tend to avoid boosting the bass too much, since it can often cause clipping (a form of distortion due to excessive volume).
However, which preset you want to use, is entirely up to you.
Simply choose what sounds good to your ears and on your sound system. :ear:
While listening, you can switch the presets and/or toggle the sliders until you find a setting that you like; you can also name and save your own homemade presets.
I’ve linked some tutorials below for your convenience.
Greets,
doolhoofd

2 Likes

Wow. Thank you for your very detailed reply. Appreciate it.

1 Like

Thank you again. The video about the presets was interesting. I was wondering what the classic one was. After hearing that it was basically the default one. I’ve decided to leave mine on that at least for now. But I guess that was done before you added transcription. So in what scenario might you use that setting for please ?

1 Like

Hello irish,
You can use the Classic Processing preset for anything you’d like.
The thing about this preset is that it was made to satisfy the users of the older versions of the program (DFX and FxSound Enhancer).
This was the default factory setting the older versions used to come with.
Hope that answers your question. :slight_smile:
Greets,
doolhoofd

1 Like

FYI, this is my current homemade setting for both my Bose QC35-II headphones and my Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 speakers, which I feel both lack a little bit of high-end brightness, but otherwise sound superb (IMHO).

1 Like

Hi. From watching the preset video, I did know what the classic mode was for. No I was asking what “transcription” was for?.
Re, your settings. That looks like Clarity-2, Ambience-0.
surround sound -3
Dtymamic and bass boost-0.
Do you leave it like that, no matter if you are watching a movie, or listening to music?

1 Like

Hello irish,
As far as I know - and I could be mistaken so somebody please correct me if I’m wrong - Transcription can be used to transcribe voice audio.
For example, if a lawyer wants to make a written record of a client’s phone calls, but the voices are muffled and hard to pick up, he/she can use the Transcription preset to make the voices more understandable.
Yes, I leave it like that; the settings are tuned to my audio gear.

Interesting. Thank you.

1 Like

nice one

14.04.2022, 12:55, “doolhoofd via FxSound” <notifications@fxsound.discoursemail.com>:

1 Like