Systemic, app, and configurative compatibility . .

If there are so many variables for the functionality of FxSound, it doesn’t make sense for the user (who is not necessarily very tech-savvy) to have to look-up or remember all of them themselves, let-alone take care of them, after the fact. You already have a comprehensive process for accounting for and ensuring systemic compatibility, but you could also build a sub-function into the program for doing the same thing with all of the conditional dependencies (configurations and other apps), when you can take the time to examine it. It would be engineering vs. maintenance for an easy AND seamless process. (Actually, you made the list of them without adding it to the FxSound app itself, but it would help us out a lot if you could take that extra step. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Efficiency and support in the system to begin with . . .

1 Like

its a pretty simple system when u understand everythang it is alot to learn but so is any software that uses this kind of quality drivers and links so easily to a true surround sound system iv been a hobbyist of surround sound for years now my first system i made myself useing a application called voice meeter a tv for front left and right (hdmi) a bluetooth speaker for center (aux) and another bluetooth speaker for my surrounds (actual bluetooth connection) it was horrible and buggy but i learned alot about sample rates bit rates and understanding audio latancy if the source is 4800hz unless the application can encode then decode that data in real time the audio well play at 4800hz what fxsound is is its real time encodeing google dolby digital live this uses simular tech but not exactly this takes the audio “listens” to it then spits out a better version the only difference is this isnt just made for surround sound systems this is made for any speaker system you have from a sterio to 5.1 to a full 7.1 system idk about mono but hell it just might for ppl who use straight optical connections from thare sound system to pc this is a amazing application if you want to applyfy your headphones audio so u can hear footsteps and tiny details better you can or if u want more bass this is meant to be a simplyfied av reciver kinda but made for windows pcs due to windows the operating system supporting audio formats from dolby digital -atmos to dts-ma /dtsx ultra the only difference from dolbys tech and fxsound is fxsound is open source it dosent actually use dolbys tech but its the closest thang i can compair to when speaking of wide support for systems low bandwith encodeing and decodeing over any connection from aux to optical to hdmi thats why i compair to av recivers and dolbys tech as long as your just messing with the sliders and nobs and your not acutally trying to make your own version of this software from source youll be fine but yes i can see building this application to be a pain but thats the fun of this world learning all of the cool tech thats so old but is still tell this day wildly supported to see the histoy from quadrophonic reccords in the 70s to full object baced 9.4.6 systems yes its alot to learn when trying to create a fix but as long as your just trying to use this application its super simplyfied for the user idk what your talking about

when they say fxsound works as a soundcard it literally works as a soundcard

1 Like